What's new

This is such a nice business

mac

Reaction score
Had a customer come in who said she was there weekly. Loved the place. 5 min later a big guy with an attitude comes in trying to rip me a new one complaining about chemicals. Nothing I said made him happy. So I just blew him a kiss and wished him a nice day. You could see the smoke coming out of his ears.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Had a customer come in who said she was there weekly. Loved the place. 5 min later a big guy with an attitude comes in trying to rip me a new one complaining about chemicals. Nothing I said made him happy. So I just blew him a kiss and wished him a nice day. You could see the smoke coming out of his ears.
Before opening our car wash, I had never been involved in a business where there was so much customer interaction, and it has been a real learning experience. In the car wash business you see both the best and the worst of humanity.

mac

Reaction score
Before opening our car wash, I had never been involved in a business where there was so much customer interaction, and it has been a real learning experience. In the car wash business you see both the best and the worst of humanity.
I liked the pretty woman best.

mgmtoo

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. After 15 years in this business not sure how much more i want to endure.

Randy

Reaction score
We go to the car wash at 5:15am so we don’t have to interact with the general public as they are mostly bastards or A holes that I’d rather not have to talk to.

Roz

Reaction score
We go to the car wash at 5:15am so we don’t have to interact with the general public as they are mostly bastards or A holes that I’d rather not have to talk to.
And does it work? Hard to do with all the maintenance like cleaning the bays....

Randy

Reaction score
And does it work? Hard to do with all the maintenance like cleaning the bays....
It works perfect. We are normally in and out in under 2 hours with all the maintenance done, repairs made etc. We go there 3 days a week and the clean up guy goes the other 4 days a week. If there is a problem he'll call and we'll go down.

jubalr

Reaction score
These comments make my appreciate where I am. I like being at the wash and talking with customers. Generally there 2-3 hrs in the morning and again late afternoon. Love hearing how much customers like the quality of clean they are getting. I'm always tinkering and trying to make any tweaks I can for improvement. Small town life I guess.. But we do have a lot of car washes here for the size of town. 7 car washes.

Bricks

Reaction score
A guy torched open the latches on two of my vacs and I didn’t press charges, have everything on camera, license plate is crystal clear. Cop told him that he is never allowed back on that property, as per my request . Two weeks later he came back with a pistol/pellet type gun. He aimed it at the Highway and fired it from my SS bay, once again all on camera. I played phone tag with a deputy but didn’t follow through. He was back about 10 days ago wrapping tape around a stick trying to get coins (I think) through a hole I taped a piece of cryptopay tap rubber backing to, because the tapper was sent off for repair. I installed the tapper over the hole where the bill acceptor was. Sometimes coins don’t make it to the chutes and were visible from the hole beneath the tape. This guy was in the same vehicle each time. I’ve owned the place since late May and I’m forever a changed man.

Randy

Reaction score
Sunday my clean up guy called me and said at 5:30am when he got to the car wash there was a 26 foot U-Haul truck that was back up halfway in one of the bays with a woman unloading the truck, beds, furniture, boxes of stuff. When he asked her what she was doing and she said someone had stolen her car and she needed a place to store this stuff for a few hours out of the rain. He told her to load it all back up and get off the property, she got all pissed off. He was nice enough to help her load it back up. She had no intentions of coming back for her stuff. It never seems to end.