What's new

Thinking of lower start-up price for summer only.

MEP001

Reaction score
Kevin James said:
The public doesn’t give a rip about saving a .50 on a wash or getting a little more time on the timer.
I disagree. I frequently see people pull through the bays, look at the time to start and leave. All our competition is 25? less than us. The drawbacks to a lower price are true, however, the ones who like the lower start-up price are the ones who want to make the biggest mess for the least cost to them, and I don't want those customers.

acbruno

Reaction score
blurdgman has a great idea. Decrease the start-up time only for credit card use. That way I can still advertise the price decrease and not go through the hassle of setting each individual timer. I can just set the minimums in the software for the CC and that's it. I would really like to increase CC sales. Excellent idea blurdgman.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Be careful

Don't forget that if you drop your start up price and you start getting more customers and it worked, this might happen. Any wash around you will see the increase in customers and say or think you are taking their customers. Next thing you see is they now have a special too. Now they match you in this special or they decide to have a better special than yours. They decide not to go back up when you are ready to and you are stuck. If you go back up will they start getting your customers. Times are tough now and you might just be better off leaving things the way they are. Fix up your place for looks or ad stuff that will cause customers to choose your place. If you lower start up time please let everyone know what happens.