What's new

Thinking of adding water reclaim (self serve only). Hoping for reccomendations.

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm in California, and the drought has got me worried. So, I was thinking of adding water reclaim to my location which I own the land, and which also has the highest water/sewer costs (approx $1k per month). I found a few older posts, and it seems like there weren't many folks using reclaim at a self serve only. I would greatly appreciate any input from folks that are happy (or unhappy) with using reclaim at a self serve only wash. Also any equipment manufacturer recommendations would be great!

Thanks,
John

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Most reclaim manufacturers don't like to do self service bays because of the contaminants that people pour down the drains. I have an article about reclaiming in self service bays if that might be helpful. E-mail me at d.taylor@catec.com if interested.

RAAOO7

Reaction score
John, what part of CA is your car wash located?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
There's another variable you should consider, and that is how your pits are cleaned. Depending on how your state incorporated the fed clean water act, going from sewer to reclaim might have some extra costs. For example, in MO, if you do not send your water back to the city sewage, you have to have a permit to operate. If under permit, whomever cleans out your pit has to be recordered by you as to who they are, when they did it, where they took it to, have it tested, etc. Thus, this might be an extra cost you should factor in the equation.