What's new

theft device used on Hamilton changers

Randy

Reaction score
my wire harnesses are untouched why do the hamilton changers still have that set of old school points inside a clear housing? looks way out of design, what purpose does it serve? seems like they never breech the casing /coin hopper just turn it on
What the heck are you talking about? "old school points inside a clear housing" The only components inside the Hopper is the payout switch and the coin counter, I don't how they could manipulate those components. The payout switch is a set of micro switches, one switch sends a pulse to the coin counter and the other switch sends pulses to the controller.

MEP001

Reaction score
They may be triggering the relay that's between the Mars validator and the controller with an electromagnet. Unbolt it and move it away from the outer wall if you can.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I’m with you, Randy. I wonder what the hell he’s talking about too. It reminds me of the guy in Las Vegas that could trick the game plan hoppers with the light wand he invented.

MEP001

Reaction score
I’m with you, Randy. I wonder what the hell he’s talking about too. It reminds me of the guy in Las Vegas that could trick the game plan hoppers with the light wand he invented.
A Hamilton changer with a factory Mars conversion has a clear relay attached to the back side of the changer face. I'll take a picture of one tonight, and I'll bring a strong neodymium magnet to see if I can make it trigger.

Randy

Reaction score
The Mars relay pan and Harness looks like what's in the attachment. It's the same relay that is used in the Etowah valley harness, only the Hamilton relay is replaceable. I tried the biggest magnet I have on both the Hamilton relay pan and on the Etowah valley harness and I couldn't get either of them give anymore credit than they were supposed to.

Attachments

Last edited:

APW

Reaction score
I have the modern thicker Assembly and flapper. Today i lost 88$ .I have been auditing the cash against the coin meter..that checks out as usual. But i also have been weighing my coin day to the thousands place on brand new digital coin scales. each pound of quarters is 20$ and in that audit both er60s came up short . one uses a XE fully updated the other mars fully updated . So i go to the video where i have a camera flush mount to the wall directly between the changers and with the lens pointed due south so as to see the money etc in each hand and boom there are two more young guys hispanic . as before they arrive together in a nice car. they seem very pleased with them selves they put money in and then the signature move they pull a small devise no bigger than a F.O.B. out of their back right hip pocket switch it from right hand to left and go towards the cup opening with it. looks like they are pressing a button and they are getting coin ..the fool who installed my camera system disreguarded my request to have audio cameras so i have no sound but i do capture the image of some sort of homemade looking devise. Police have a thumb-drive of the entire time they arrive till leaving. THese again are late teens early twenties. and smart enough to never jackpot it just 50-90 dollars a day. I wish now i had my old ROWES back in..hated them but they would never get picked like that. At last the cops finally tell me that 2 others in that area are suffering losses. The other thing i noticed when the guy turns is that his wallet is actually moved to his back left pocket and the small devise is placed alone on the traditional right side.maybe its fragile? If i get a chance i will draw down on one in a suprise ambush..they never come for except when there are many cars and its busy. If hamilton knows about this and has stayed quiet to preserve sales that is criminal. I need to know what the hecks going on. I absolutely believe this is organized crime cartel coming north crap. Te cops even asked me did I want them to remain while I finished the download and they both were hispanic Dallas county sheriffs not the little local barneys.
PM me and I'll tell you what they are using.

toddmullens

Reaction score
I have the modern thicker Assembly and flapper. Today i lost 88$ .I have been auditing the cash against the coin meter..that checks out as usual. But i also have been weighing my coin day to the thousands place on brand new digital coin scales. each pound of quarters is 20$ and in that audit both er60s came up short . one uses a XE fully updated the other mars fully updated . So i go to the video where i have a camera flush mount to the wall directly between the changers and with the lens pointed due south so as to see the money etc in each hand and boom there are two more young guys hispanic . as before they arrive together in a nice car. they seem very pleased with them selves they put money in and then the signature move they pull a small devise no bigger than a F.O.B. out of their back right hip pocket switch it from right hand to left and go towards the cup opening with it. looks like they are pressing a button and they are getting coin ..the fool who installed my camera system disreguarded my request to have audio cameras so i have no sound but i do capture the image of some sort of homemade looking devise. Police have a thumb-drive of the entire time they arrive till leaving. THese again are late teens early twenties. and smart enough to never jackpot it just 50-90 dollars a day. I wish now i had my old ROWES back in..hated them but they would never get picked like that. At last the cops finally tell me that 2 others in that area are suffering losses. The other thing i noticed when the guy turns is that his wallet is actually moved to his back left pocket and the small devise is placed alone on the traditional right side.maybe its fragile? If i get a chance i will draw down on one in a suprise ambush..they never come for except when there are many cars and its busy. If hamilton knows about this and has stayed quiet to preserve sales that is criminal. I need to know what the hecks going on. I absolutely believe this is organized crime cartel coming north crap. Te cops even asked me did I want them to remain while I finished the download and they both were hispanic Dallas county sheriffs not the little local barneys.
Just to clarify, your coin counters are correct and the amount of bills in the stackers equals the coins dispensed per the counter, but they are able to get more coins without the counter increasing? So the only way you really know that you are getting robbed is by physically counting the quarters in the hopper? That’s a very big problem. I hardly ever audit the actual quarters except at year end. I rely solely on the counters to match the deposited bills.

MEP001

Reaction score
If it is happening without the counter increasing &/or providing an alarm or error being registered... it seems like a design flaw that needs correcting.
It shouldn't be possible. The power through the payout switch to the counter is always hot, either when the motor is running or all the time. Either that or the counter is hot all the time and the switch closes the circuit to common. It's not another government conspiracy to allow "certain knowledgeable crooks" to sneak around stealing, or a "built-in planned obsolescence" to have to pay the manufacturer for an upgrade.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Guys I just read these post in great Detail. Randy and several others on here couple years ago knew i got hit on autocashiers with a group that had EMP jammers and it sounds to me they are using the stainless Rod running up in the changer to ground or come in contact with electronics as a grounding rod for the EMP jammer to work in conjunction.

Especially when he said it,looks like a Remote and they pass it back and forth. To me that's a dead give away G Wash PM me for details I almost bet on my life this is what they doing

Last edited:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
How did you stop your auto cashier from emp
had to get a Engineer at the Manufacture involved to make a different software and chip. I do not want to blast the Manufactures name on the form for crooks too use. They did a good job on helping.

G WASH

Reaction score
Damn that looks like the guy and the same car ..blue with a moon roof Subaru I think ..I welded the stainless steel cup and the access shield together . That's slowed them but they still got a small amount and it took them 11 minutes to take the small amount and go . Then I tried a lot of designs but one seems simple but very effective I created a stainless steel box/shield out of 12"x12" 16 Guage . It has only a narrow slit just big enough for the coin shut to barely fit thru.. now not the width of the access shield ..I have zero ideal as to why that sheilds opening for the shut is twice as wide as needed. Another vulnerability much like the one of having the hopper motor's stop or catch exposed. My box stops all the possibles ...yes that makes the hopper have to set very snuggly I guess I could shave the access opening but I think snugg and packed is best I tack welded the box to the changer..made sure my coins fall clean..so far zero losses..You must do a double AUDIT..YES AUDIT THE CASH AGAINST COIN METER BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO WHY YOU'RE CALLING PUT IT IN AT EVEN POUND AMOUNTS AND REMEMBER THAT EACH POUND IS $20. (ex) SO WHEN YOU GO TO GET YOUR MONEY OUT LATER POUR ALL THE COIN OUT WEIGH IT IF IT COMES UP 3.5 LB LIGHTER THAN BEFORE MULTIPLY BY 20 AND YOU BETTER HAVE 70$.. and that should correspond to the exact amount that your meter audit showed you should have if your metered comes up correct but your weight shows that there's much more missing than you've been hit by the brazing rod bandits.I will post a photo ..I am super busy creating more for all my changers..I have had this starting all the way back to summer. Patent pending and I claim all copyrights ..Big G'sFIREWALL...let no one ever say I didn't help my fellow man..this will stop a lot of car washes from closing
The Mars relay pan and Harness looks like what's in the attachment. It's the same relay that is used in the Etowah valley harness, only the Hamilton relay is replaceable. I tried the biggest magnet I have on both the Hamilton relay pan and on the Etowah valley harness and I couldn't get either of them give anymore credit than they were supposed to.
MEP0001 I THINK YOUR ON TO SOMETHING THERE. I have 2 ER60 side by side .One got hit the other didn't..the one that had the mars factory built in 2019 with the removable points/contact clear Qube got taken for 120$ but that's yet to be proven..The other is older with the EX validator and no Qube did not ...but that's not component either..and it's not the coin switch. I have the solution after trying several designs. I have found several little magnets some amazingly strong

G WASH

Reaction score
I built a shield out of 16 Guage stainless steel. I'm going to see if Hamilton will buy my design..solves all the vulnerability problems like that stupid clear cube contact if you have a Hamilton with a Mars that contactor that's set in there dead center inside the cabinet that is crazy stupid . Which Hamilton do you have I have the shield for the ER60 and the RNS . The different validator will require a different shape. I doesn't fix the One vulnerability of the Hamilton that I am certain that they have used to steal from me but I stops them from gaining access to that area..so problem solved . 16 gauge stainless steel metal is pretty heavy and all the bending and molding is a workout.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you put a camera inside your changer to watch what they're doing? The only thing I can think of is that they're reaching up to that relay and triggering a payout. I would bet the device you see them using is a snake camera plugged into a phone. If this is the case and you block access from the cup, they'll eventually come back and punch out the OOS light.