What's new

The Waggle

Etowah

sprocket

Reaction score
I remember when I was looking at a PDQ Lazer the salesman talked about the waggle it had and how great it was but I don't think I have seen it discussed. Is it worth having? How does it work. Just wondering.

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
http://www.pdqinc.com/products/laserwash/index.asp#5 click on the vehicle wash full presenttion

At the 2:20 mark it shows the "waggle" motion on the arch, it's a pretty nice feature....wash customers seem to love it. The arch can also be set up for a mirror wash so that when it comes by the side mirrors it rotates to give them a good blast. The arch is rotated by a belt so it can have pretty precise movement.

edited to add- its not a machine add-on it's just a programmable function, if you have a 4000 with bug sweeper pass you will really notice a faster wash time

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
In 2009 when our LW360's were installed, we had the waggle feature turned on and it created a bunch of wash aborts because the arch lost position. PDQ had an issue and asked us to turn that feature off while they fixed it. We turned it off, but I understand that PDQ now has that issue resolved. I"m not sure how much better it would actually clean a front grill or hood, but I guess the "show" aspect is impressive for some customers.

We also had the mirror wash option turned on for a year or so. It worked fine, but when the arch turns just before the driver side mirror it causes the top spray pattern to miss the center of the windshield and the roof on wider body vehicles. Especially trucks and SUV's. I decided that I would rather have complete coverage of presoaks and HP rinse, than to have the mirrors sprayed, so I turned that option off as well.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Collegefund,

I've got 2 - LW360's, 2-LW4000s and 1-M5. Overall I'm happy with the LW360, but I wish they still made LW4000's. LOL

The new machines certainly have their advantages, and offer much more in flexibility in programming, reporting, etc. Do they wash cars any better than the LW4000, I'd have to say no. Although now that PDQ has introduced the oscillating dryer option for the 360, I'd make sure that I got that option because that has been one of the biggest complaints from customers. They just don't dry cars like the LW4000's do.

My LW360's are serial #15 and #16. Since they were first introduced, PDQ has made many upgrades to the machines that are now manufactured and sold. The E-Chain is much more durable, the rollers are an improved design and supposed to last longer, and there are many other improvements over the first batch of machines.

Overall I'm happy with the LW360 and hope that they hold up like the LW4000's did. It's like wishing Detroit still made the old slant six engines that just ran forever and never broke down.

Etowah