What's new

The Risky Path to Great Vendor Products

Etowah

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Over the past 10 years since introducing our first vendor and talking face to face with many operators at the shows, we learned that many did not have room for the full size vendor or did not want to offer so many vending selections. Indeed, we posted on this Forum and asked for feedback from operators about what should be designed into this new, smaller vendor. We received many suggestions for this design and the first result was the new Half-Pint vendor that was first marketed about 2 years ago at the WCA show.

Even after the Half-Pint was introduced we were continually encouraged to design a vendor that would fit into the same wall opening as the Vend-Master because of the large vendor base already installed by wash operators. We do pay attention to what our customer?s say, so we redesigned the Half-Pint to fit into the smaller wall opening. Frankly, I wasn?t sure it could be done and still offer all of the features of our full sized vendors. Well, it did work and the ?Junior? vendor is now available to wash operators everywhere in front-load or rear-load models.

While all this development was going on, new technology was introduced constantly by many companies with new bill validators, new changers, and many different credit card systems and cashless devices being introduced and marketed each year. Integrating and redesigning the vendors to accept all this new technology got to be a real balancing act.

As I look back on the development path that we followed over the years, I have come to the conclusion that each new design added to our knowledge so we could attempt the next phase of vendor development. There are no short-cuts to designing a great product.

I need to thank publicly and acknowledge that my staff?s critiques and ideas (Leslie and Paul) created many of the features which are incorporated into the ?Junior? vendor product. This is the best designed product we have ever introduced into the market place.

Uncle Sam :)