What's new

The Pulse Sensor

DPX22

Reaction score
So, I think I can post this here. As a fairly new owner ~3-4 years (I still consider myself very green), I had the problem where my pulse sensor was not registering a bolt here and there and the entire timing of my wash was offset. This caused me alot of stress trying to rewash cars or deal with customer complaints ESPECIALLY on busy days. The problem would always arise randomly even after fixing it and I became an expert in my own head on how to position the bolts or the brace to solve the issue. (My guess was that the locking brackets were loosening ever so slightly after a few washes but since it was random, I never knew what caused it).

Anyways, I ended up freaking out and calling it quits after a crazy day my EOD numbers were off and my cashier's had conflicting numbers on their resets and rewashes. So, I explored other options, I went into my MCC (Guardian by Tommy) and went under Setup > Pulse Sensor > Changed the setting to "Stand By Pulse" and it fixed my issue so long as you didn't speed up or slow down the track, nor changed the stand by pulse rate.

What this did was have the MCC use it's own stand-by pulse timed within itself instead of using the actual pulse bypassing that entire sensor unit. At the beginning the timing was off by a second or so but manipulating the numbers by a fraction of a second helped alot. Just as a tip though, take pictures of EVERYTHING before you change it on the MCC. Obviously, this is a temporary solution until you can solve the real issue but it's better than having to deal with trial and error in the middle of the day. That's just my 2 cents, hope it helps a few out there.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
On DRB it' called simulated pulse. You need to make sure the actual conveyor speed is in sync with the simulation. This is adjustablethu your flow control or the DRB can also adjust the simulation.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I once had a pulse switch that had a little red light that went on every time the target passed it but was not sending the signal to the DRB. Had me fooled for a while.