What's new

The New Poll Area

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Thanks to Paul Noon, I have created this area for asking you to vote on how you do things etc. I think that over time, it will provide some instant information on what is working the best for the majority.

At this time, I will be the only one that can set these up and so if you have an idea or question, just email me. pitzer@autocareforum.com

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Well, no ... thanks to YOU Bill, all I did was ask if you could do it! Just one more thing that I think will make the forum even more valuable than it already is. Thanks for doing it!

MEP001

Reaction score
I just noticed that one particular poll doesn't apply to me, and since I wouldn't want to skew the results by picking one at random just to view the poll, would it be possible to add a "Not applicable" or "No opinion" to it? The one to which I'm referring is the Your May 07- Apri 08 Revenue was down poll. Others might like the same feature on the "revenue up" poll.

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
The old saying goes something like this: "Everybody likes a little, but nobody likes a smarta$$" If you are fortunate enough to be holding your own, or showing an increase, you don't need to flaunt it. Almost everybody else in the industry is struggling, aren't you the lucky one?

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm sure there are many others who haven't been affected by the economy or bad weather yet, in fact so far this month we're down 50% from the same period last year. If that makes you feel better, you are a very small and petty man.

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
I assure you I am not "small". As far as "petty", Webster's defines that word as follows:
"1 : having secondary rank or importance : minor, subordinate
2 : having little or no importance or significance
3 : marked by or reflective of narrow interests and sympathies : small-minded"

None of these seem to fit my character as far as I know. In fact, the very nature of my post was to point out that I sympathize with those who are experiencing the effects of the downturn in discretionary spending. I have posted before, at some length, regarding this issue. I take no delight or satisfaction in seeing another's misfortune.

In reviewing the entire topic, I find that I misinterpeted your original posting, and I offer my apology. You were looking for a "voting choice" that would allow you to view the results - a feature reserved for only those that participate in the poll. I originally took your post to mean that you wanted Bill to include a choice for those whose revenue was up instead of down. In my general geographic region we have been experiencing a significant downturn in the economy since 2001. I have had a hard time relating to those that don't seem affected and are able to continue to post about their gains. Certainly PC&D and other publications have been reporting that revenues from SS washes and IBA's are down, pretty much across the board.

I was very saddened to hear of Ben having to close his Florida washes. No, I take no satisfaction nor experience and joy in another's misfortune.