What's new

The most disgusting thing________________________________

traveler17

Reaction score
Twice In the last month someone left a steamer. Dead dog in a vac island trash can

kentadel

Reaction score
A toilet, broken up counter-top, dresser, diapers, garden waste, fish, pretty much everything but the kitchen sink....so far.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Wow, I won't ever complain about our rather insignificant mess compared to this lot. My sympathies to those that have had to clean up the filth you've all described!
I wonder ... if in your area you just have people 😂 who don't need to have authorities breathing down their neck or if fear of punishment is the greater factor???

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We're in rural Australia, a little town of about 1,500 people. Not sure if that helps or if we're just lucky. 😊
Greg_T,

More than just luck.

I am kind of guessing but I am thinking since you are an Aussie ... you are using 100% reliable coin mechs that accept high denomination coins. That IMHO puts the average customer in a more responsible "frame of mind"!

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Greg_T,

More than just luck.

I am kind of guessing but I am thinking since you are an Aussie ... you are using 100% reliable coin mechs that accept high denomination coins. That IMHO puts the average customer in a more responsible "frame of mind"!
Australian car washes typically take $1 and $2 coins (we no longer have $1 and $2 notes), and most have credit card readers in the bays also. However most still have coin changers that can be used to feed 10c, 20c, 50c, $5, $10, $20 to get $1 and $2 coins paid out can then be used in the bays & vacuums.

Like I said, I think we're probably just lucky that our wash has had a good run. 👍

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Australian car washes typically take $1 and $2 coins (we no longer have $1 and $2 notes), and most have credit card readers in the bays also. However most still have coin changers that can be used to feed 10c, 20c, 50c, $5, $10, $20 to get $1 and $2 coins paid out can then be used in the bays & vacuums.

Like I said, I think we're probably just lucky that our wash has had a good run. 👍
Debra , I apologize for veering off a weee bit from your "most disgusting" theme of your specific thread. 😍😇

Greg_T ... even though we are in the USA ... our facility has two ... 4 Hopper Standard Bill Changers. Similar to yours ... our customers can get $1 coins from in our case 5c, 10c, 25c, coins with $1, $5, $10, & $20 to get the easier to use $1 Sacagaweas & President coins. We plan on giving out way fewer quarters & way more $1 coins from our changers in the hopefully near future when all of our self service (ie laundry too) equipment accepts them.

To be fair to MEP001 ... most of these specific forum participants also have automatic style car washes where CC tends to make more sense. We have a reliable ATM which customers are OK with & we also have Paypal Here phone App on three cell phones for business to business selling of our bill acceptors' paper tokens. Most of the time the business just cuts us a check for the paper tokens. It looks like you avoid the need for bill acceptors on each of your self service bay coin boxes. We have $1, $5s, 10s & 20s bill acceptance capability in each bay.

Do any businesses in Australia that you know of ... dispense the highest denomination Aussie coins from their ATMs? 👍

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I don’t know surley everything you guys mentioned is covered somewhere in this pile????
I've had at least 20 of those in the last year since I've had remote access to video. Some of them have spent as much as 10 hours in a bay overnight arranging their crap.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I don’t know surley everything you guys mentioned is covered somewhere in this pile????
A percentage of laundromat owners can relate to some "homeless challenged" messing up a "folding surface area" with a similar pile ... with the person nowhere to be found!!! Actually a tougher situation than the pile while they are vacuuming their vehicle.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This question and post offends my sensibilities, and I won't participate except to say that the "bio-hazard" incidents are a part of the car wash business but I experience them and put them in the past, where they belong. Then I raise my price.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Human feces.

Smelliest would go for crabs. Maryland is Crab Country. Old Bay seasoning on the crabs that have been allowed to ferment. Yuck.

LisaLyons

Reaction score
The most disgusting and/or scariest thing I ever found at my car wash (in the vacuum canister, the garbage, inside the bay) is ___________________________________
Would anyone think things like this happens! I keep thinking I need to write a book about it but I don't think anyone would belive it.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Well, I feel like I've finally joined the ranks of my American cousins. At our sleepy little car wash in rural Australia I had to clean out a bay full of maggots today. The worst part was that a quick check of the video showed that it was left by someone I know quite well personally. I think we will need to have a little chat in the coming days........