What's new

The funny thing about owning a self serve is

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Fill in the Blank: The funny thing about owning a self serve is ___________________________________________________________________

mac

Reaction score
I like having fun with some of my customers. Sometimes one comes up and says he put money in something, and nothing happened. I tell them that I found that we make more money that way. Sometimes one comes up and asks for change for a dollar (while standing next to the changer). I'll say we're having a sale today and give them five quarters. The look is priceless, and I know most go home and say what a nice place it is. And that only cost me a quarter.

MEP001

Reaction score
My customers mostly don't speak English, or don't speak it well, so if they want change for a $20 they walk up to me and hand it to me usually without saying anything. I just say thank you, stick it in my pocket and pretend to walk away.

David Rolf

Reaction score
The funny thing about owning a self serve is finding treasures that customers have left behind. Last summer I found a hard top to a Mazda Miata. Posted it as lost, hung signs up, no takers. Sold it for $1000 on craigslist. Oh the things we find.....

soapy

Reaction score
I had a girl call me tonight who had sold a pair of sub woofer speakers today at one of my washes. All went well as she got her $600 and left them there with him even though he had no car. Turns out she was paid in counterfeit bills and they were gone when she came back.

6t7gto

Reaction score
I found a sofa in one of my bays.
I wouldn't have cared too much if they would have put it by the dumpster but it was a hide-a-bed. Heavy as all heck. I pushed it out of the bay with my truck and had to cut it up with a sawzall to put it in the dumpster.

traveler17

Reaction score
I found a dead dog in one of the vac island trash cans. I guess the funny part is some idiot thought “hey , let’s take it to the carwash. I buried it out back. Some people are such dirtbags.

Allen

Reaction score
During the summer we get our trash cans filled with cull watermelons. Makes a sticky mess. Large Farmer's Market
nearby and the town fills up with watermelon crews gathering melons in the area.

soapy

Reaction score
I thought this looked funny driving down the street but it became even funnier when they pulled in to wash it in one of my wand bays. Then they cam back 2 hours later to wash it again. IMG_3881.JPG IMG_3880.JPG

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Went to dinner with my wife. When we left it was a snow storm. We decided to go by our wash to make sure the drip was working.
In the 8th. bay was a van. Not washing. But ROCKING SIDE TO SIDE..
Started to get out of the car to tell them to go somewhere else but my wife (the brains in the family) said their not doing any harm just leave them alone.

STXCW

Reaction score
The funny thing about owning a self serve is, I thought I was going to show up once a week to pick up quarters and take them to the bank. Well not really but it would be nice.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Debra,

Fill in the Blank: The funny thing about owning a self serve is a percentage of the customers actually turn out to be friendly in a sincere worthwhile way & the next thing you know they become more than just an acquaintance!

Fletch

Reaction score
The funny thing about owning a self serve is Trying to figure out why people are driving around with so much trash in their vehicles, and the liquor bottles....don't get me started on the liquor bottles.