What's new

The EPA vs BP Oil

mac

Reaction score
It's sometimes fun to watch the news and compare how they like to portray events. Do you remember the coverage of the BP oil spill ? It was on the news every night for weeks. Oh my God ! the sky is falling. How will we ever recover from this?! Now compare that to our beloved EPA releasing millions of gallons of heavily polluted water. Turned a beautiful river into an orange mess. Where is the outrage? The flacks at the EPA are saying things that if BP would have said , would incite riots. The EPA said, well the river seems to be healing itself. There is no real danger to humans or animals. Nothing to worry about here. So when the Obamaites screw up, nothing to fuss about. Move along now.

cdreed06

Reaction score
I read that a resident sent a letter to the editor of the local paper warning that this would happen. A retired engineer or something who knew what he was talking about. Check it out if you can find it. There is more going on than what appears on the surface.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Can you imagine what the media would be doing if Rumsfeld or Cheney only used a private server for government emails?

mac

Reaction score
One of the wonderful aspects of our government screwing up is that, surprise, no gets fired, fined, or imprisoned. I suspect they will still get the yearly bonus.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I think the success so far of Trump, Fiorina and Carson are a strong indication that voters are fed up with politicians on both sides. Whether any of them can beat the system remains to be seen and if they do if they can affect any real change.

cdreed06

Reaction score
rph I agree. I for one am sick of a politician. I would like someone from the real world to get in there. Mac, if the company I work for in my regular job did something even remotely like this we would be immediately shut down and the company officers would be in prison before Christmas. It is just nuts.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I think many would like to see a non-politician get elected. I think it might really "stir the pot" in Washington. My fear is that without support of one of the parties they could be immobilized. That happened somewhat when Carter got elected. He was a party outsider that brought in a lot of his own people when he got elected. While I agree with most that he was a horrible President some of it was due to his outsider status in the party at the time. For a non-politician to be really effective they would have to win an election by an overwhelming amount which would force the politicians to cooperate or lose their job.