What's new

The Car Wash Gods have shined upon us

Reaction score
Wow finally a winter here in the northeast.Car Wash numbers are huge, breaking all kinds of daily records, up over 60% from 2008.Recession? not here, even the lube is producing huge record breaking days.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ditto. The weather has been just right and as long as equipment is up, cars are being washed!:D

My detail shop is even picking up and showing a pulse due to the nicer weather!
:D

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
It has been a rough winter here in the Great Lakes. Due to that, we ended up having some nice weather last weekend and broke all kinds of prior daily records. People definitely have spring fever, I know I do. If the weather cooperates, we should have a killer spring.

Reds

Reaction score
I had my busiest January ever, and have already done as much volume ($) in the first 15 days of this February as I did for the entire month of Feb.08 - I attribute it mostly to the weather.

Reaction score
We have experienced the perfect storm here in the northeast.Looked at car wash numbers yesterday evening and we are now 70% ahead of last year.Now I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
why are you waiting for the bottom to drop out?!:confused:

Don't focus on scarcity! Seize the moment, friend!:)

March is historically a month where we in the NE get some weather!:p

And what about all the mud that will be created this Spring due to heavy snowmelt?;)

I'm planning on a great late Winter, muddy Spring and lotsa scratched up paintjobs to buff out all through 2009!!!:D

Chiefs

Reaction score
Man that had to be a bad year last year. We've been averaging over 500 a day for the last three weeks - finally, with four consecutive 900+ days last week. It's about time. We've got a long way to go though before we start talking about breaking any records. We're at 7,500 so far for Feb., but a long way to go until we surpass the 19,000 February or 18,000 car March a few years ago. Now if we can just end February strong and replicate it in March. As always in this business, you live in hope and die in despair.

Hey Mr. President, where' my slice of the stimulus or better yet how about a bailout for the industry for the last year?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Man that had to be a bad year last year. We've been averaging over 500 a day for the last three weeks - finally, with four consecutive 900+ days last week. It's about time. We've got a long way to go though before we start talking about breaking any records. We're at 7,500 so far for Feb., but a long way to go until we surpass the 19,000 February or 18,000 car March a few years ago. Now if we can just end February strong and replicate it in March. As always in this business, you live in hope and die in despair.

Hey Mr. President, where' my slice of the stimulus or better yet how about a bailout for the industry for the last year?

No auto tellers for you, right Bill?

How many hours a day are you open?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Wow. Good for you guys. Things here in ca are horrible. Wettest february in many years. Only been open for 6 days so far this month, and its the 17th. Nothing but rain storm after rain storm here.

New Investor

Reaction score
Yes thing's have been good here in the northeast. I've only been open now with my new wash for 9 month's and as of the 17th of febuary i was at 12K washe's for the month. I will also say that's with regular pricing of 8-12-16-25, and no free vac's around here.

Chiefs

Reaction score
no auto tellers and 12 hours a day everyday and 8-5 most holidays, 365 days a year - weather permitting of course.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
More great carwashing wx here in New England!

We had a sunny weekend in the 50's, which followed a snowstorm the week before, so all the cars were very dirty.

Today it's snowing and the salt trucks have been dumping the salt all day so far.

Thank God! We needed this with a poor Winter last year and the lousy economy at present!

Bring on the March snowstorms!