What's new

The 75 Cent Mystery

OurTown

Reaction score
About two weeks ago we installed a used JE Adams combo vac. Since then we have pulled the money five times. We always reconcile the timer coin count to the actual money pulled. The first time we pulled it we had forgotten to reset the timer coin count so we are not sure if it reconciled or not. The second time the pull was short 75 cents vs the timer count count. The third time it was right on, the fourth there was an extra 75 cents and the fifth time it was short the 75 cents. Imonex coin acceptor, Mars bill validator, LED9 multi and Cryptopay. We accept quarters and dollars in the coin acceptor but have not received any dollars yet. The bill acceptor is set up for ones and fives. Usually the mix is about 1/3 bills to 2/3 quarters in the pull. We have tested this thing many times and also every day with a quarter and have never seen anything odd. Could there be a dip switch set wrong on the Mars?

mac

Reaction score
If I had to make a wild guess, get rid of the Imonex coin acceptor. They are the cheapest things out there. Put in a real one and see what happens. Then let us know.

OurTown

Reaction score
If I had to make a wild guess, get rid of the Imonex coin acceptor. They are the cheapest things out there. Put in a real one and see what happens. Then let us know.

I have a couple of IDX MA 800 acceptors lying around I can try in it. Are those the ones that IDX can't get chips for anymore?

mac

Reaction score
The MA800 should be their newest one.

MEP001

Reaction score
They can't repair the MA800 anymore. The MA850 replaced it, and last I checked they can't get any made to sell.

David Rolf

Reaction score
This would explain why I one on backorder for 4 months now. I assume it's the chip problem? Is there a direct replacement I can use with the same function and wiring for the MA850?

MEP001

Reaction score
I was going to order some MA850's but I couldn't get any, so I got Microcoin QL. They've been perfect. Car wash coin acceptors are interchangeable except some use three wires and some use four. Just wire it to the timer's specs.

OurTown

Reaction score
I put the used IDX MA-800 in and we will see how it goes. After taking out the Imonex it looks like there are some pulse length adjustments on it and I'm wondering if they needed adjusted. It looks and feels like a very cheaply made acceptor compared to the other brands that I have dealt with. We have a mix of acceptor types now because I bought some used equipment some time back and have scavenged the acceptors out and have now used them up. We would like to standardize to one type and it is hard to sort through what everyone's opinion of what is the best. (and worst) Microcoin somewhat stands out as being decent. I went to their website and it does not give one confidence they are really going forward. They have very little info on there and the site is really outdated. Do they repair the acceptors and about how much does it cost? Are they made in China?

fastlx

Reaction score
Not trying to be an ahole. But you have time to count the coins and bills from each unit? and compare them to a counter? Maybe I'm the idiot for not doing it.

OurTown

Reaction score
Not trying to be an ahole. But you have time to count the coins and bills from each unit? and compare them to a counter? Maybe I'm the idiot for not doing it.

Yes, somewhat time consuming. We have caught several intermittent issues that were cheating customers. Second time in two months.

fastlx

Reaction score
Got ya. I didn't know if someone was trying to scam you...

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I don't have the time to be concerned with a 75 cent discrepancy unless it was a customer complaint.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
We would like to standardize to one type and it is hard to sort through what everyone's opinion of what is the best. (and worst) Microcoin somewhat stands out as being decent. I went to their website and it does not give one confidence they are really going forward. They have very little info on there and the site is really outdated. Do they repair the acceptors and about how much does it cost? Are they made in China?
I was employed at HPWS when the MicroCoin was “discovered” by the owner. During my time there, I demoed them at ICA and regional trade shows. I still have dreams about my sales pitch! I‘d put a mix of quarters, $1coin and $.75 tokens edge-to-edge into a chute. The coins were then allowed to roll into the acceptor. The MicroCoin never missed a coin and never miscounted the aggregate value. Never!

The original S5 had some issues. Mostly with the open chassis interface and cable. The QL solved that and is the only acceptor I‘ve sold since the early 90s. (I had 20 in the bays, vacs and venders at my place.)

MicroCoin is Australian based. Products are made in China. HPWS is the North American Car Wash market stocking distributor...with repair capability. HPWS recently “partnered” with NCS so time will tell if/how things change.

Recap: I think they’re the best.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
When I have someone besides me do the collections, I verify each unit with a counter - down to a single coin.