What's new

Thanks and So Long!

washme1

Reaction score
I'm turning 66 years old in a couple of months and sold my 5/1. The sale is closing today. I want to thank everyone who contributes to this site for making it an excellent resource for operators. Over the last 11 years I've found other operators go our of their way to help anyone here who needs help. There are a handful of seasoned experts whose knowledge has been rewarding to those in a bind. Know that the thoughtful help and input provided by everyone has been appreciated a lot by me. I do my best to try and "pay it forward" especially in our industry. Good luck, good car wash weather and good profits to everyone!

TEEBOX

Reaction score
I'm turning 66 years old in a couple of months and sold my 5/1. The sale is closing today. I want to thank everyone who contributes to this site for making it an excellent resource for operators. Over the last 11 years I've found other operators go our of their way to help anyone here who needs help. There are a handful of seasoned experts whose knowledge has been rewarding to those in a bind. Know that the thoughtful help and input provided by everyone has been appreciated a lot by me. I do my best to try and "pay it forward" especially in our industry. Good luck, good car wash weather and good profits to everyone!
Good Luck!

So that means I have a benchmark to retire in 11 years!

APW

Reaction score
Congrats on the sale and hope you enjoy retirement!

Eric H

Reaction score
I am estimating another 35 years to my retirement.
Congratulations!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
OMG congrats on the sale, I envision the end scene of Shawshank Redemption when Red walks out of prison with a smile on his face LOL.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve got you by a couple of years and I don’t have any intentions of selling out just yet, who knows maybe someone will make me an offer I can’t refuse. I’ve got a couple of car wash operators I do bill changer repairs for who are in their 80’s. One sold out when he was 70 and couldn’t stand the boredom and bought another car wash, he’s 87 now still going at. Keep yourself active and enjoy your retirement.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Congrats on the sale and good luck to you. Also thank you for your contributiuon to the site. Come back and talk more about the exit strategy and what to do with the money after your (our) car washing life. Enquiring minds wanna know !

MEP001

Reaction score
OMG congrats on the sale, I envision the end scene of Shawshank Redemption when Red walks out of prison with a smile on his face LOL.
There's at least one person on this forum who will envision the scene of Andy crawling out of the sewer pipe.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
You're still a youngster....congratulations! Best of luck to you. Like someone else mentioned...come back and let us know how it's going. Share some retirement wisdom..do's and don'ts for those of us that have a while until retirement.

Thanks for your contributions and Happy Thanksgiving!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations! Enjoy this new chapter in your life!!!!!!