What's new

testing a new ametek eternity brush motor

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
At the Kleen-Rite expo, I stopped by the Ametek booth, and learned that they have a “new” vac motor, part# VAL2315.
Apparently has twice the brush life, and the bearings are better protected against water - seems like a sensible improvement, so I’m trying one out, I installed it last week.

What I’ve done so far:
- Measured sound levels. Checked installed on the vac, dome off, nobody washing, no traffic.
- Ambient/background sound level was 45-50 Db.
- One car driving by registered about 60-65 Db
- One pickup truck was 65-70 Db.
- I wanted to check heavy traffic & trucking traffic, but of course there was none so I didn’t.
- Both the new VAL6757 and a new VAL2315 were about 75-77 Db each.
- With the dome on and both motors installed, sound measured at approx 80 Db

I did have to bend the brackets that hold the motor to the top of the vac because the size is slightly different, but otherwise its almost the exact same size.

Anyway I figured I’d share that info, time will tell if the brushes last a lot longer.
Oh - suction on the vac is the same as all my other vacs, measured at 78-80 Hg same as it was before.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
I bought a pair of these motors 3 years ago. They only lasted 2.5 years then one of them quit so I switched back to the VAL6336 which I normally get 2 to 3 years out of a set of brushes.