What's new

Technology

mac

Reaction score
This new stuff is really handy when you get it all talking to each other. This morning I was sitting home and got a call from a regular customer , who just loves our automatic as it washes tall vans up to 9'-6". The Unitec wouldn't take his money so I told him I would activate the machine. He really, really liked that. Remotely selected a wash and then went to my remote camera app and watched it wash. Told him to just stop by when in the area and leave some money. Will have my touch4wash going later this week so people can start anything at the wash from their phone. Now I just need a robot to empty the trash cans and blow down the lot.

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Mac, very interesting. How are you accomplishing the remote start? I usually create a code for them remotely into the unitec but that takes me 3-5 minutes. Do you use some sort of wifi enabled relay? Also on the touch4wash are you using it just for the IBA? I just recently heard about everwash and touch4wash and I'm curious to hear if you'd done any comparisons. I have a unitec portal and so far only offering bundles (buy 4 get 5 etc.) I've been playing with the unlimited membership idea but struggling on how to implement it. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

mac

Reaction score
Happy to share. I looked at both systems and asked a bunch of questions. Here’s what I found:
Everwash is more built for conveyor systems. For that it seems to work good, although you have to buy a RFID reader for several thousand. Same if you used it for an IBA. would not be useful for ss bays or vacs.
The touch4wash works on everything, bays, auto, vacs and vending. That’s what I’m doing. You do have to run a wire to connect things. By dumb luck my wash has extra wires to everything. Whole system was around $2.5K. With this the customer can turn on anything with an app on their phone. Pretty cool. Also liked the fact that the people running it are car wash people and have been around for 10 years. Hope to have it mostly done this week. They do offer discount cards so you can set that up too. So when done my customers can buy with cash, credit cards, or the app. This is all on a 18 year old wash that needed a LOT of work.

mac

Reaction score
Will let you know. I expect it to take off slow till folks figure out what it is. I had custom signs made to explain it and I’ll probably need to spend a lot of time explaining it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will let you know. I expect it to take off slow till folks figure out what it is. I had custom signs made to explain it and I’ll probably need to spend a lot of time ex

You can put info about it on your facebook page and google business page. Put a link to Touch4Wash on google business page.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Technology is great... when it works.

Car washes are now packed with some much technology that it can be quite frustrating for an owner when something technological breaks. Most of us can easily change a fitting or hose, etc... But annoying when I have to call a computer geek to get my system back up and running.

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Happy to share. I looked at both systems and asked a bunch of questions. Here’s what I found:
Everwash is more built for conveyor systems. For that it seems to work good, although you have to buy a RFID reader for several thousand. Same if you used it for an IBA. would not be useful for ss bays or vacs.
The touch4wash works on everything, bays, auto, vacs and vending. That’s what I’m doing. You do have to run a wire to connect things. By dumb luck my wash has extra wires to everything. Whole system was around $2.5K. With this the customer can turn on anything with an app on their phone. Pretty cool. Also liked the fact that the people running it are car wash people and have been around for 10 years. Hope to have it mostly done this week. They do offer discount cards so you can set that up too. So when done my customers can buy with cash, credit cards, or the app. This is all on a 18 year old wash that needed a LOT of work.
Thanks for sharing. I spoke to Everwash today and since I already have a unitec portal they can interface directly into it without any hardware install. No RFID tags needed. Just scan the QR code with the phone app. They can also interface directly into any device that has crypto pay without any additional hardware either. Touch4wash looks interesting but I would have to do the wiring to the bays and vacs. I also talked to mywashapp from Oasis but they're limited to the IBA and don't have any marketing features.

I'm also curious as to how it goes with Touch4wash. Wishing you the best.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Technology is great... when it works.

Car washes are now packed with some much technology that it can be quite frustrating for an owner when something technological breaks. Most of us can easily change a fitting or hose, etc... But annoying when I have to call a computer geek to get my system back up and running.
That right there is very true. Give me the right tools and I can fix anything except that stupid circuit board that fried, the reader that won't, that display that I can no longer see, the internet that crashed (yesterday- thanks Centurylink), that camera that quit, some timer that stays on all day. It's like cars these days, what are you going to do? Pop the hood and stare at the thing? Only thing to do is call a tow truck.

slash007

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I spoke to Everwash today and since I already have a unitec portal they can interface directly into it without any hardware install. No RFID tags needed. Just scan the QR code with the phone app. They can also interface directly into any device that has crypto pay without any additional hardware either. Touch4wash looks interesting but I would have to do the wiring to the bays and vacs. I also talked to mywashapp from Oasis but they're limited to the IBA and don't have any marketing features.

I'm also curious as to how it goes with Touch4wash. Wishing you the best.
Are you sure? I have Everwash and a Unitec Portal and still had to install a device inside. Not sure how they would communicate otherwise.

mikeS

Reaction score
Are you sure? I have Everwash and a Unitec Portal and still had to install a device inside. Not sure how they would communicate otherwise.
It's Mike from EverWash! We work with Tunnels, IBAs and Self Serve Car Washes. We have a ton of success stories around the country regardless of the type of wash or equipment you have. Regarding the question on Unitec (now DRB IBA Solutions) we recently partnered with Unitec and we can now remotely start a C-Start or Portal without the need for additional equipment.

coinless

Reaction score
Hi! If you have any questions about the Coinless platform, don't hesitate to reach out. We're a cloud-based solution with the best app in the market. We currently have a 4.6 rating on the iOS app store.

Our portal provides detailed reporting, all customer data, simple monthly subscription program, rewards program, fleet management, custom pricing options, free conditional pricing, etc. etc. Our entire system is cloud-based, and once you have our devices hooked up to your equipment, there's not need for your customers to touch or interact with the pay equipment (100% touchless on IBAs).

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!