What's new

TAP debit and credit card options

Etowah

Charlies

Reaction score
I’m in Canada and have the exact a payment system.

Has anybody added credit card and debit card tap to their set up? If so what brand did you use and how does it work?

Did having this increase revenues?

JustClean

Reaction score
Check out www.nayax.com
After 3 years now finally without any problems.
But it's future proof with chip, tap and Apple pay - not the old swipe system and due to that I only pay 2%.

wyatt

Reaction score
Mag strips are definitely being phased out..

I've noticed lately that peoples cards are not registering/reading when swiped. Upon further inspection it's usually due to the mag strip being scratched, chipped, and beat up. People don't replace their cards like they did in the past. The evolution of chip and tap makes it so cards don't need replacement.

celica

Reaction score
Hi Charlies, I'm also in Canada (Ontario). What you see here is the Monex tap. It's $ 1195 a unit. I've had in for just over a year. Mondo is the unit retailer/installer. They were really good to deal with. Monex is terrible however, like all credit card processors. What I do like about their readers is how simple they are for the customer's to use. I have a lot of newcomers from other countries and even they can figure it out.

JustClean

Reaction score
Mag strips are definitely being phased out..

I've noticed lately that peoples cards are not registering/reading when swiped. Upon further inspection it's usually due to the mag strip being scratched, chipped, and beat up. People don't replace their cards like they did in the past. The evolution of chip and tap makes it so cards don't need replacement.
Don't forget:
If you have a card without chip you can swipe on ALL readers new and old.
If you have a card WITH chip you can only swipe on old readers. The new readers won't let you swipe anymore. You have to use either chip or tap.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you have a card WITH chip you can only swipe on old readers. The new readers won't let you swipe anymore. You have to use either chip or tap.
Most places I shop at will eventually have trouble reading my card as it gets old, and after the third time I insert and it fails to read, it will let me swipe it.

steve569

Reaction score
Check out www.nayax.com
After 3 years now finally without any problems.
But it's future proof with chip, tap and Apple pay - not the old swipe system and due to that I only pay 2%.
What type timers do you use with the nayax units? Do you do count up? Do you have a stop button to end the transaction? Thanks for any info you can give.

JustClean

Reaction score
What type timers do you use with the nayax units? Do you do count up? Do you have a stop button to end the transaction? Thanks for any info you can give.
Just the normal timers but I count down like everyone else in Australia, so no stop button.