What's new

Tankless Combi Water Heating & Floor Heat?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting local quotes on a Tankless Combi Water Heating & wall baseboard installation. For some reason locally there seems to somewhat a phobia for any brand of a Tankless Combi Water Heating & Floor Heat that is resulting in higher than normal bids. We are tempted to do the install ourselves since the Navien can be ordered with it being extensively pre-plumbed. We might not get full warranty unless we get a local licensed plumber ... even if we made sure there was no boo-boos on the installation ... not 100% sure. Soldering pipes is something we have successfully done many times in the past having our own Acetylene Tank & flame hose setup etc.

Any thoughts ... it seems like 2Biz might be very satisfied with the long term results on just his floor deicer with his tankless. system. We also need to add to our domestic water capacity which looks like we will have to "once a year delime" & provisions in the piping will have to be for that need. Our inlet temp up north like where we are is much colder than down south but according to YouTube ... it is just a matter of sizing with more BTUs to offset that difference. We are looking a a Navien NCB- 250 /150H.

Martins

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting local quotes on a Tankless Combi Water Heating & wall baseboard installation. For some reason locally there seems to somewhat a phobia for any brand of a Tankless Combi Water Heating & Floor Heat that is resulting in higher than normal bids. We are tempted to do the install ourselves since the Navien can be ordered with it being extensively pre-plumbed. We might not get full warranty unless we get a local licensed plumber ... even if we made sure there was no boo-boos on the installation ... not 100% sure. Soldering pipes is something we have successfully done many times in the past having our own Acetylene Tank & flame hose setup etc.

Any thoughts ... it seems like 2Biz might be very satisfied with the long term results on just his floor deicer with his tankless. system. We also need to add to our domestic water capacity which looks like we will have to "once a year delime" & provisions in the piping will have to be for that need. Our inlet temp up north like where we are is much colder than down south but according to YouTube ... it is just a matter of sizing with more BTUs to offset that difference. We are looking a a Navien NCB- 250 /150H.
From talking with the guy i had do my tankless stuff he said never go combo.. they seem to always have issues and when they break bothof your systems are down.. not just one. he said to always have seperate systems and will help with effefenty which will keep cost down on your power bill. he did a combo on a new install IBA bay and he said its broken at least 5 times in the first 3 months. my tankless systems have been running issue free since install.. thankfully haha

TMoliver

Reaction score
You might look on line for AO Smith tankless heaters. They have several 10 GPM units that can be linked up to 4 together right out of the box or up to 20 with add-on kit. When linked they will be able to add capacity and maintain out going temperature at no less than 99 with a max of 120. I know an operator in KC, MO that added them 5 s/s bays 2 automatic Only uses HOT water on all IBA functions . He replaced an old rapac boiler and storage tank.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It seems like some of the carwash-convenience-gas-diesel station ... would be good candidates for a tankless combi. I heard that a fitness center locally has proved that a tankless combi is working out well fo rthem. I notice the Navien NCR-250/150H uses stainless steel for both of its heat exchangers.