What's new

Tank Heater Question

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
The element on my year old Watlow has corroded due to an aggressive pre-soak solution which also circulates to keep the overhead pipe chase warm. This is my first Watlow in several years having just used a 1500w water heater element which lasted but caused other problems due to the lack of temp. control.

Has anyone had better luck with screw-in heaters made by Accutherm? I'm not willing to spend $150 a year on Watlow. I'm inclined to go back to the water heater element and wire it through an aquastat, but I wanted to ask about alternatives first.

Thanks.

MC

Randy

Reaction score
Watlow makes many different types of heaters. Are you using the correct type heater for your application? www.watlow.com/index.cfm Which model heater are you using? In an industrial application we had very good luck with the Watlow heaters.

Reds

Reaction score
I'm don't know if you are heating high or low ph presoak. But I have a Watlow in my high ph presoak that has run fine for a little over 5 years. It's 3phase, 4.5 kw, 240 volts.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Yep, got watlows here in very aggressive presoak for years with no problems. you just need a different element material.

JIMT

Reaction score
What kind of container do you put the element into that the high ph presoak does not destroy. Is it like a small water heater or an open pan? I would like a heater that heats the presoak as it goes out to the automatic instead of a heater that runs all of the time.