What's new

Talos validator program card

Eric H

Reaction score
I’m trying to program a new MEI Talos bill acceptor using the provided coupon.
Everything is self explanatory except selection 3 and 5.
Section 3 asks pulse width - gaming short, gaming long, vending short or vending long.
Section 5 asks Harness Enable or Always Enable.
My guess is I need to select “Gaming Short” and “Always Enable
Is this correct? I only have 1 coupon to fill in and I’d prefer not to do it incorrectly. IMG_6211.jpeg

Eric H

Reaction score
Can I print that out, cut out and use the “sample” or do I need to fill out the blank card with a number 2 pencil?
Thanks for your help Dan!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I would try harness enable to see if it will work. If set to always enabled and used in a changer it will ignore shutdown orders from a controller and will continue to accept bills and not dispense coins

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Can I print that out, cut out and use the “sample” or do I need to fill out the blank card with a number 2 pencil?
Thanks for your help Dan!
Use the blank one. Make sure it prints out the size of a dollar bill. They suggest a #2 pencil but I know people have used black ink pens and sharpies

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I would try harness enable to see if it will work. If set to always enabled and used in a changer it will ignore shutdown orders from a controller and will continue to accept bills and not dispense coins
In a bay or vacuum it has to be set to always enable. There is no controller in either of those to enable it.

Randy

Reaction score
Make copies of the original coupon. I use a sharpie to fill out the coupon. How you fill out the coupon depends on what your going to be using the validator in. The Talos validators don't tolerate water very well. Good luck

Randy

Reaction score
You are correct. Here's a sample we made up for our customers.
That'll only work if your using the validator in a coin box or vacuum. If your using the validator in a Bill Changer you want to set it for Harness Enabled.