What's new

Talos T6317E 120 volt validator replacement for the Mars AE2631D7

Randy

Reaction score
I just received a Mars/Crane Talos T6317E validator to field test. This is the replacement for the Mars AE2631D7 validator that is used in the Hamilton bill changer and ACW conversion kits. Since the first of the year Mars/Crane has had an 18% price increase, so the Talos validators are more expensive than the AE2631D7, as is replacement parts for all Mars validators. First thing I noticed there are no switches on the Talos validator. The bill acceptance speed is faster. There is no LED board in the bill transport, there is a reflector inside the bill transport housing. The validator has to be programmed with a training coupon or preprogrammed by whoever you buy the validator from, this could be a problem. To turn off a particular denomination bill that you don’t want to accept you have to push the programming button and feed in the denomination bill you don’t want to take. I’ve also noticed that the bezel LED light are much brighter, you can actually see them flashing. The T6317E uses the same bill box as the AE2631D7. The 24 volt MDB Talos for the MDB equipment has been released, Standard changers primarily uses this validator. As of 10-21-21 the Talos 24 volt pulse validator has not been released as of yet, the pulse validator is the one used in coin boxes.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
As of 10-21-21 the Talos 24 volt pulse validator has not been released as of yet, the pulse validator is the one used in coin boxes.
The T612-U3EUS is what is used in meterboxes and we've been shipping them for months. It's all we can get. They are seriously back ordered and last time I checked we may get a partial order next week(fingers crossed)

Randy

Reaction score
The T612-U3EUS is what is used in meterboxes and we've been shipping them for months. It's all we can get. They are seriously back ordered and last time I checked we may get a partial order next week(fingers crossed)
That's good Dan that you've been able to gt a few. I've had validators on order since April and they keep giving us the run around. When we do get any it's a few here and they. The repair parts are getting had to get and they are going up in price.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Randy thank you for sharing this knowledge with us since you are the (Validator Master). Can you still clean the white rollers with access free jams ect just as easy and out of service red light still on the backside