What's new

T handle security enhancements

edredtop

Reaction score
This got pulled to the top so I thought I would update. Either the LAI locks work or they haven't been back. I frankly don't know which.

They originally defeated the T handle lock on one bay in less than 30 seconds. Many of you are familiar with the plug lock method, this is not it.
It'd be cool to have a "verified" closed group on here so that we could speak freely about attack methods and countermeasures.

Mattwash

Reaction score
It'd be cool to have a "verified" closed group on here so that we could speak freely about attack methods and countermeasures.
Agree. I’m very creative and able to fabricate, but would hate to waste time fabricating something that can be easily defeated by a criminal just bc I think it’s a beast.

edredtop

Reaction score
You can create a conversation with multiple people and invite in more after it's started. No one can read it except those involved.
Did not know that.
After some exploring I found that if I hover over your profile picture, there is a tab to "start a conversation," very cool, thank you.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, I know this is an old thread but wondering if you had an image of how you did this. I just did a thread on my new Hamilton changer and I’m looking to enhance the security of it. I’ve casted it in a giant concrete block.

Here are photos. They won't stop any one with the time, tools and know how but it slows them down a little.

Attachments

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What did you use? Stainless steel that you bent or pipe?
I really did not know much about what I was doing at that point. Took the safe head and the puck lock to a local welding shop and told them what I wanted. If I had the time, $ and Inclination I would have had the make a complete cover with the lock inside like I have on My Coleman Vaults for tha Vacuum Islands. See this High Security Option. Just would have made one to fit the round vault. https://colemanhanna.com/equipment/self-service/self-serve-support-equipment/coin-meter-vaults/

STXCW

Reaction score
I had a lot of faith in our LAI locks until last week. Watched a guy get into 3 of our vaults in less than 15 seconds. What made me sick to my stomach was the fact that we had this same guy locked up this past April for doing the exact same thing. He served a whopping 60 days and was released. Didn't take him long to start right back up where he left off.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had a lot of faith in our LAI locks until last week. Watched a guy get into 3 of our vaults in less than 15 seconds. What made me sick to my stomach was the fact that we had this same guy locked up this past April for doing the exact same thing. He served a whopping 60 days and was released. Didn't take him long to start right back up where he left off.

Same technique as the medco T handle?

well, shit, guess I need to beef up my T handles. I've been threatening to go coinless, man that is really tempting

Mattwash

Reaction score
Do you have video of what he did? If so could you share with me? I was in the process of ordering but would kill me if I found out some pos broke in shortly after installing.

Mattwash

Reaction score
I really did not know much about what I was doing at that point. Took the safe head and the puck lock to a local welding shop and told them what I wanted. If I had the time, $ and Inclination I would have had the make a complete cover with the lock inside like I have on My Coleman Vaults for tha Vacuum Islands. See this High Security Option. Just would have made one to fit the round vault. https://colemanhanna.com/equipment/self-service/self-serve-support-equipment/coin-meter-vaults/
ahhh I see. Guess my thing is I don’t mind spending the time to make my vaults where they are a royal pain in the a$$ to break into. My thing is I don’t know how these thieves do it, other than taking a torch and prying.

but I do have a few ideas to assist with making things more difficult