What's new

System to remotely reset Laser 4000 (Virtual Joystick on your phone)

Etowah

LaserC

Reaction score
I (still) have two Laser 4000 bays one of which takes 70% of my business(bay 1). The second is my problem child and does an arch rotate fail once in a while and haven't quite fixed it. I was able to develop this system over the last year so I don't have to be at the location to reset the wash and can do it from my phone where ever I am as long as I have good internet on my phone. I wanted to share this youtube video of its operation with everyone here to ask for their input on this and to see if any one would be interested in this system. It is bit involved and is not a simple plug and play system. It consists of

1. Controller box that is installed in j0 which needs ethernet for connectivity and 5v DC
2. In order for the system to be secure it is behind the firewall of your router and is password protected.
3. A mini PC that runs a small server for the security and also feeds the video on demand.
4. There are 2 inputs built into the controller that can be hooked up to any sensor (upto 24v DC) to monitor in real time and will send me an email and a push notification on an app that requires an one time purchase in the App store($5 at last purchase)

Here is the link to the video

Please PM me if you are interested. I would like to hear your thoughts or any suggestions. Thank you for your time
IMG_3803.jpg

Last edited:

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I just ripped out two 4000’s so I no longer have a need for that but I also had a few web switches wired in to fix and reset certain things however, having that video feed right on your ‘control panel’ sure is nice! That sure beats toggling between my camera app and the web control app.

Out of curiosity, are you selling that? I’m sure that could be adapted to a lot of older In-bays that don’t have remote web control. I can’t even drive my Razor v4 remotely like that and it’s less than 3 yrs old.

LaserC

Reaction score
It can be adapted to any equipment that takes an input from an outside reset control panel and all those inputs are routed to j0. It runs on Ethernet even though it has Wi-Fi capabilities as it would be another fail point. The capability of the video depends on the dvr as the system requires a the dvr to sub-stream that it can send to your phone. You will need to setup a dynamic dns or have a static ip. I have it on dynamic dns.
I am interested in selling the system as a kit as I developed the software and hardware myself. I only produced the 2 units so far for testing in my wash and it has saved me many trips on weekends over the last year when customers exit before finishing or have a luggage racks. Or even when my #2 does a arch rotate fail.

DavidM

Reaction score
I don't have a Laser 4000 any more but if I did, I would be very interested. That is a great solution.

I wonder if it could be adapted to Razor's as well. There should be inputs that the remote uses to move the machine around. I'll have to take a closer look at my Razor.

David

LaserC

Reaction score
I don't have a Laser 4000 any more but if I did, I would be very interested. That is a great solution.

I wonder if it could be adapted to Razor's as well. There should be inputs that the remote uses to move the machine around. I'll have to take a closer look at my Razor.

David
If you have the electrical schematic for this unit and can share that with me I would be glad to check if this could be achieved. Remember to get the video your DVR needs to be able to sub stream the the channel looking at the bay. Everything else should fall into place then. You can reach me at +1 (512) 518-6148.