What's new

Swivel locations

KleanRide

Reaction score
On your high pressure guns, where are you guys installing swivels?

Between the boom end and the hose?

Between the hose end and the gun?

Both locations?

Niether?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
End of the boom I have a 12" piece of hose known as a swivel saver....I have one there connecting 12" hose to main HP hose

Have another connecting main HP gun hose to the gun

Total 2 swivels in each bay

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to do the two swivels. I had two upper ones start to leak in the span of a couple days and didn't have any spares, so I took them out until my order came in. I can't tell a difference in the ones with two and the ones with one swivel at the gun, and I do a lot more turning around while cleaning bays than customers do washing.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Thanks guys, can y'all recommend a good swivel to go between the gun and the hose?

MEP001

Reaction score
Mosmatic are good, but if I were to run just one swivel I'd put it at the boom between the bay hose and swivel saver. They last a lot longer there without the wear from being pulled on sideways like they do at the gun, plus they get really beat up and ugly at the gun. I just use a brass Adams swivel at the gun. There's probably something better, but I take the Adams apart and put marine grade wheel bearing grease in it and they last a couple years and swivel easily.

Randy

Reaction score
Off of my boom swivel we had a 7' - 3/8" hose, on the end of that hose we have 3/8" ball bearing swivel with a 3/8" coupler and off of that we have a 12' - 3/8" hose with another 3/8" ball bearing swivel at the gun. The ball bearing swivels last a long, long time, we very seldom ever have the replace one. .

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
Swivel at the end of boom and at the gun for me. In the freeze states the boom swivel is the first place to freeze and they will start to leak no matter what brand I use.

Jim64

Reaction score
Mosmatic SWM32564 is the best gun swivel I have ever used. I have ordered the cheaper swivels for years and finally ordered one of the mosmatic to try. I ordered one for every bay as soon as I tried the first one. They are pricey at $25 but you can feel the difference. My 2 cents.

bigjws

Reaction score
I have a swivel between 12” hose and main hose, and anther between hose and gun .. and I use the same swivels as Randy - they’ve always lasted very well for me