What's new

Switching from ac2007 (cc token machine) to crypto pay.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Contemplating crypto pay in a 5 in 1 touchfree. I currently have an AC2007 credit card acceptor dispensing $1 tokens. I would normally not think twice about the switch but I'm getting close to $10k/ year in walk away. Pros are customer convenience translating to more time in bays. Cons are no walk away profit. Anybody already do this ?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I don't know that you have to switch. You could just ad cryptopay to the bays. It's like many who have alternate forms of payment. Coins, Bills, and credit cards.

BBE

Reaction score
Absolutely agree with earl. Do both. We have the same ac2007 changer, and also added the in Bay swipers. Both get used. We thought about doing away with the cc token changer because of the in Bay acceptance, but there are plenty of customers who prefer using the cc token dispenser. Unless you do acceptance on the vacs, it's also the only way your cc customers can use the vacs is with the cc token dispenser.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Is your 10K walkoff from CC customers or cash customers?
Yes I realize it might be very difficult to know the answer, but if you did know then this decision would be mathematically easier.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Is your 10K walkoff from CC customers or cash customers?
Yes I realize it might be very difficult to know the answer, but if you did know then this decision would be mathematically easier.
I would have to say cash since my ac2005 was converted to $1 tokens in January and the 2007 was doing tokens all along. I've purchased 15k tokens since January. Probably took 3000 to fill both hoppers so everything after that has gone to the couch and ash trays.... I've got both machines doing bonus payouts $10 gets 11, $20 gets 23, and on the 2007 $40 gets 48 as advertised. But no way to know for sure except an audit on 2007 and printer hasn't worked since 2005 :(

I guess if I did both (crypto pay & 2007) I'd have to do away with my bonus payouts to make it a level playing field.

BBE

Reaction score
keep the bonus payout for cash customers only. You're already eating the cc fee on the transaction.

Randy

Reaction score
Have you given any thoughts of adding a credit card reader to the front of your existing bill changer? It can be done. There’s an operator up here in the Seattle area that installed a USA Technologies ePort card reader to the front of his Hamilton bill changers, seems to work fine. I believe it cost around $500 or so.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I'm interested in eliminating the time it takes for the customer to start washing their car. So I've added bill acceptors in every bay now I guess I will add crypto to them as well. During busy season it kills me to watch them park car in bay then walk to changer stand in line and walk back all the while customers are stacking up behind them waiting.

Great idea about both and dropping bonus on cc thanks guys

BBE

Reaction score
Have you given any thoughts of adding a credit card reader to the front of your existing bill changer? It can be done. There’s an operator up here in the Seattle area that installed a USA Technologies ePort card reader to the front of his Hamilton bill changers, seems to work fine. I believe it cost around $500 or so.
Do you know if the customers are still able to choose how many tokens they wish to purchase? Or do you have to set a single amount, and have that be the only amount they can purchase?

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Do you know if the customers are still able to choose how many tokens they wish to purchase? Or do you have to set a single amount, and have that be the only amount they can purchase?
The 2007 has four options that you (operator) can pre set. Price charged and the amount of tokens dispensed. We've used and have loved it for years but the whole process takes too long when people are waiting. Enter crypto pay. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

Etowah

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
The 2007 has four options that you (operator) can pre set. Price charged and the amount of tokens dispensed. We've used and have loved it for years but the whole process takes too long when people are waiting. Enter crypto pay. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.
I believe BBE is asking the question in regards to an eport being installed on an existing Hamilton changer.

Randy

Reaction score
The customer can select what denomination he wants to purchase, $5 - $10 – or $20 in Tokens with the ePort reader.