What's new

Switch to Electric flo-jet

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to electric version of the Flo-jet, and how is it working out??
I thought maybe without the air, it might have a longer life, and do they stall out the same as the air when pressurized.

Randy

Reaction score
I don?t think an Electric Flo-Jet would be a good choice for a Car Wash. If you want a electric pump that is going to last use a Procon Pump with a IDX MX-8 multiplexer to stop and stop the pump motor. I have them on my Tire cleaner and Pre-soak system now for well over 12 years with out any major problems. I run them at 150-175 psi. You can also use them on your Foam brush system.

washnvac

Reaction score
I sent in four more air operated flo-jets this month; under warranty. Made in China, ofcourse. I wish they would bring production back to the US, and charge what they need to charge to make to the pump right. It is getting to be a pain in the a$$ changing these all the time. And ofcourse, it is always a Saturday or Sunday when it gives out. They have been lasting only 8-12 months on my pre-soak and tire cleaner. Yet at one location they are the original units (over 10 years old) made in the US (running same chemicals). I think that says it all.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You will hate it if you are aerating the chemicals to make foam. The pressure differential in the switch makes the fluid to air mix change as the pump cycles, causing the unsteady delivery. I agree with Randy, the Procon is the way to go - make sure to get a stainless pump if you are using strong chemicals though. They also use less energy as they only use one energy conversion versus two on the air powered systems (electric to deliver vs. electric to air, then air to deliver).

Last edited:

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The thought of change was prompted by flo-jets poorer quality, and my thought of energy savings. I'm guessing maybe 1/10hp vs 5hp air comp. I have some 13yr old ARO's . I see they are now just under $400, But might be a bargain if trouble free for 10yr's, Unless they are of poor quality for todays model.