What's new

SWCA

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anybody from here going?
Im going Wed.

Hearing quite a few things will be unveiled...

MEP001

Reaction score
You mean the convention this week?

soonermajic

Reaction score
was awesome, & seemed to have a lot more SS & IBA stuff than past 2 years. However, I was stupid busy, as we had an accident, involving 1 of my coaching bus drivers. that had a fatality. OUr driver was not @ fault, but I was putting out a LOT of fires all day, & could not focus any, on the SWCA!
very sorry, but I don't have much to share...

Last edited:

APW

Reaction score
Did anyone mange to hear if cryptopay is working on an integrated swipe/tap unit?
I got on cryptopay chat today and asked. They told me they are working on a swipe/tap combo reader and hope to release it by the end of the year. I will personally keep looking for other options as I really want something that will read chip cards.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I was at the show and asked about this. They said they are working on a tap only unit not a combo....so now I wonder what is accurate

APW

Reaction score
I was at the show and asked about this. They said they are working on a tap only unit not a combo....so now I wonder what is accurate
Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I got on cryptopay chat today and asked. They told me they are working on a swipe/tap combo reader and hope to release it by the end of the year. I will personally keep looking for other options as I really want something that will read chip cards.
I asked this exact question at the show last week. I was told that non-chip/mag stripe only cards are "one the way out" and that soon everybody will have a chip card, so they have no plans to update their tap device with a swipe.

They showed the new tap only device that will debit later this year. It's very small.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yes, they had a prototype of their new "tap only" unit. It was really small, but seemed solid. They told me they "hoped" it would be ready by end of the qrtr.
That tells me it won't be ready til middle of new 1st qrtr.

OurTown

Reaction score
Not all cards and phones are tap to pay capable at this time. Why skip over the chip technology? What about loyalty/wash/gift cards?