What's new

Surge Protection

water guy

Reaction score
We have a WW Razor it's works great for us but these electrical surges have been causing some grief on the electronics I have a surge protector on our main panel but I stills seems to zap some of the components. Just curious what everyone else is using for protection. This heat is tuff in Texas this and hard on equipment.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Curious what kind of grief you've been experiencing? I'm not aware of any surge protection on mine...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You mention electronics, are motors also a problem? With power quality issues from strained utilities could it be brownouts/phase loss causing issues?

I bought this for my Istobals. I was dropping a leg and a contactor would burn up. I haven't burned one up since I installed this. In addition to phase loss It has low voltage/overvoltage protection. If there is a low amperage circuit you could break to stop the wash or use it on an estop circuit it could possibly stop the unit before something bad happens.

water guy

Reaction score
The first surge took out 2 amplifiers so I contacted ww and they said my voltage coming in was to 214 which is to high so I added a transformer to maintain 208 on my drives .but it doesn't have anything to with my amplifiers. So last week we had another surge then day later my wash starts talking on its own at 2am in the morning. And actually the surge we had first took out my 3phase Surge Protector.

MEP001

Reaction score
214 isn't too high when 208 is called for. You aren't even 2% high. Either you have lightning that's causing damage or voltage spikes from the city, and I can assure you they won't admit it or pay for damages.

water guy

Reaction score
217 not 214 and I'm fully aware of Centerpoint and what they will help with. Thanks for everyone's time.