What's new

Super Simple Question - Sorry to Ask!

JimmyFetner

Reaction score
Hi, Doing my first purchase - going through kleen rite - man this stuff is expensive - even with the buy 3 get 1 they are doing right now - is there a less expensive option? any way to stretch this out? Also for the weep gun do I put a 1/4 inch nozzle or a 1/8 inch nozzle on the end? Thanks!!!!
This is my order...

Kleen-Rite Complete High-Pressure Comfort Weep Gun Assembly-GUK600W-C

SKU: GUK600W-C

Qty: 2

$160.16​

Cherry Blossom Foam Brush Soap - Kleen-Rite Self-Serve Ultra-Concentrate-KRC271

SKU: KRC271

Qty: 4

$356.68​

Deep Blue Foaming Shine Sealant - Kleen-Rite Self-Serve Ultra-Concentrate-KRC280

SKU: KRC280

Qty: 4

$405.60​

MEP001

Reaction score
I would recommend a coated wand and a JE Adams 5030 weep gun. All that plastic makes the gun really heavy, and the gun and sheath are brittle. You'll save about $25 per bay.

Kleen-Rite's ultra concentrated tire cleaners and presoaks are junk IMO. I recommend Simoniz regular products.

Consider using a thread title that's descriptive of the contents.

Keno

Reaction score
FYI, to save some money, If you buy 36x 5 gallon containers and 50lb boxes combined, you get free shipping

Randy

Reaction score
Buy these parts:

Suttner ST-1500 Weep Spray Gun SUT1500W

Fluid Controls SW-504A Ball Bearing Swivel, 3/8FxM, SW0260

Hamel 291S18MF Black 18 Inch Rubber Flex Wand WTSRFBK

Spraying Systems 1/8IMEG-1505 SNI1505M2

Kleen-Rite Black Plastic Nozzle Protector for 1/4 Inch Tips NPBK

JBS Industries PC-100 Fonic Wash Power Concentrate, 5 Gallon JBCFW

Simoniz C0544005 Cherry Glo Polish, 5 Gallon PA5308

The Kleen-rite soap concentrated soaps are made by Simoniz and are pretty much garbage. We’ve been using JBS fonic wash for both high pressure soap and foam brush. If you think these items are expensive you don’t belong in the car wash business, it never ends.

MEP001

Reaction score
I recommend a solid, coated wand. The flex wands are even heavier, and people don't put them all the way into the wand holder and they'll end up permanently drooping.

I prever V-spray tips, and bigger, 2506 and 1200 PSI. MEG tips cause the low pressure to spray in two streams instead of a fan, and they are dangerous. I like the General Pump ones, which have a hardened insert and last much longer than Spraying Systems V-spray tips.

I don't use tip protectors because idiots drop them on the ground and there's nothing to stop it from pushing back up the wand, at which point they're useless.

Simoniz makes Kleen-Rite's soaps to Kleen-Rite's specifications. There's nothing wrong with Simoniz brand chemicals, and you can market the known brand name.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I use the KR Cherry Blossom Foam Brush and I am happy with it. I use the KR Low PH Product for the HP and Pre soak. Too manyGelling issues with the KR regular pre soak and HP SS Soap. Taking adavange of free shipping with 36 pails and Monster Sale and top off order with Parts and Vending supplies.

JimmyFetner

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. LOL at Randy's comment. I need to be prepared! I am going to process all this after work and try to make sense of it all. One more question, do the soaps ever go bad? Could I order the bulk amount, avoid the shipping and store in the basement of my workplace? It is climate controlled and stays pretty dry in there. Do the containers ever find a way to ooze or leak? If I can have a long term storage situation, I am willing to buy in bulk. It looks to me like it might be better to go whole hog on these or not get involved at all. When you have two or three car washes with similar systems is it easier and you can distribute interchangeable parts and supplies? I am REALLY thankful for this web board by the way!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I probably wouldn’t recommend you buy a bulk amount until you have figured out what you like. There is a huge variety of products with different levels of performance and different scents. I like to have a minimum of two of each product on Hand though. A hydrominder malfunction can empty an entire container of chemical overnight. If you don’t have a replacement on hand you’ll be in a tight. You can literally go to a commercial restaurant supply and pick up 5 gallons of dish soap for foam brush or high pressure soap in a pinch. But tire clean, Presoak, and high pressure wax will not be easily substituted. You will also likely use more tire cleaner that other products because of the dilution range

Randy

Reaction score
We buy a years’ worth of chemical at a time to take advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free offer and then top it off with everything else we’ll need for the year, vending, hoses, fittings, vac hoses, etc. to get by the year. The JBS Fonic last a year in storage, comes in a 5 gallon pail. We tired the Kleen-rite and Simoniz ultra concentrates and they had separation issues in storage. The vending items all last for the year in storage. The 1505 nozzles we use with the 15 degree fan gives the customer the sensation that they are getting a lot more pressure than they are really getting, we’ve gotten a lot of comments on how much more pressure we are putting out. Never have had a problem with the nozzle protectors moving back or falling off.
Before you get to crazy buy a few items to see how you like them. call kleen-rite and ask to speak the th soap guy. Find out what he recommends and don't be afraid to ask for samples to try out.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
I would recommend a coated wand and a JE Adams 5030 weep gun. All that plastic makes the gun really heavy, and the gun and sheath are brittle. You'll save about $25 per bay.

Kleen-Rite's ultra concentrated tire cleaners and presoaks are junk IMO. I recommend Simoniz regular products.

Consider using a thread title that's descriptive of the contents.
Agree on the pre soaks, Especially their Purple Passion. Terrible. Turns into a mucousy slimy substance that completely clogs foot valves. Maybe it has been reformulated since I stopped using it years ago though.

Etowah