What's new

Super Saver Pump Stand owners

pgrzes

Reaction score
Does your super saver pump stand have 2 delivery pumps for Spot free?? Just slid my Pump stand into equip. room and trying to get started on hooking everything up. It seems as though my pump stand has a Sta-Rite pump and a Cat pump for spot free rinse?? The Sta-Rite had 2 inlets but we only pulled 1 Storage tank with only 1 outlet on it? Am I missing something? Does the 2 wire weep go to a weepmizer output or to a tamp sensor. I pulled this unit out of a wash in Atlanta a year ago, a lot of the equip. was partially disassembled so there were some items that were not real clear. I have a manual that I downloaded from Coleman, but that is quite vague. Any help from Coleman is like pulling teeth. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
No the Coleman unit does not have to run the ro water? I have a super saver and a d/h ro system. Wired from the bays to the d/h unit.

Weep I wired directly to the solenoid. I didn't bother to figure out the correct location in the magic box. :)

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
The Sta-Rite is a multi stage pump and for the bays? The cat produces the ro water? That would be my guess. A real Coleman ro setup uses procom pumps or the off brand name now (I forgot the name). I have a Coleman stand alone ro system in my basement. :) But if its build on the saver its under all the hydrominders.

MEP001

Reaction score
If there's a Cat pump on it, it's probably a 390 for delivery to the bays at up to 500 PSI.

pgrzes

Reaction score
There are 2 sta-rite pumps, 1 is for the production side, the other I am unsure. The Cat 390 is for delivery to the bays. I am trying to figure out if the other sta-rite is maybe a booster pump to the cat pump?

So "Cw-Guy" You wired your weepmizer direct to the two solonoids on the rinse manifold?
This unit is about 10 years old has sat for about 2 years in a wash in Atlanta. It was partially disconnected when we went down to tare everything out of the wash. Trying to get any answers from Coleman has been a struggle. If anyone answers they say let me look into it and "NEVER" call back.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
So "Cw-Guy" You wired your weepmizer direct to the two solonoids on the rinse manifold?
I wired it directly to the water pressure solenoid bank at the bottom front.

I don't know exactly what yours looks like but you can get any pump station to work. :)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
There should be one multi stage pump for production. The Cat piston pump is for medium pressure SS delivery.

You most likely got a pump stand that was ordered with an auto. The aiuto SFR delivery is located on the SS pump stand when ordered as a package.

pgrzes

Reaction score
There should be one multi stage pump for production. The Cat piston pump is for medium pressure SS delivery.

You most likely got a pump stand that was ordered with an auto. The auto SFR delivery is located on the SS pump stand when ordered as a package.
There definitely was not an auto at this location. It is a 7 bay pump stand, the Cat 390 is definitely plumbed to the spot free distribution manifold. I was just thinking maybe a booster pump from the spot free tank to the 390 cat pump? The other wierd thing about the extra Sta-Rtite pump had a T on the intake side.

MEP001

Reaction score
There's no reason to boost pressure to a 390. A booster pump would probably just blow out its low-pressure seals.

Etowah

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Okay...... I found some pictures of my Dad's old Super Saver. It had 2 multi-stage pumps it also had the cat 390 pump. I did not reduce the pictures to maybe help you view the images better? So I just included a link.
Link: http://cwguy.com/?p=6931

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Mine has 3 "booster" pumps, one for ro production, one for ss delivery and 1 for auto delivery.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
So how many bays do you have Jimmy?

Looks like my Dad's super saver uses a cat pump for delivery and bypasses the water back to a booster pump tee? I would assume from the pictures I posted that the pumping station I sold was also used for an automatic. Noting the cut black hoses.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
It was a 4 and 1 now it's a 3 and 2. Mine has three pumps where yours only shows 2.

pgrzes

Reaction score
hey cw guy the sta-rite pump with the t has a blue and two blacks on it. The blue goes to the cat 390 delivery pump?? or does the 390 hook right to the ro tank?

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Before someone corrects me. :) I will revise my description. I looked at more of the pictures.

The booster pump with the tee and the blue and cut off black hose (I believe) are the source for the ro water for the auto and the cat pump. Then the black hose off the cat pump goes to the ro solenoid bank.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
You could bypass the booster pump and go directly to the ro tank. That is basically what that tee is doing.