What's new

Super high merchant rate: Cryptopay on vacs and vending

OurTown

Reaction score
We would like to encourage more cc use and not discourage it by making the cc price more.

Reaction score
How are you programming the same time per coin, yet charging a higher start price for the same amount of time? Is there programming capability in the Dixmors for this?

MEP001

Reaction score
How are you programming the same time per coin, yet charging a higher start price for the same amount of time? Is there programming capability in the Dixmors for this?
With the Hamilton D.A.N. and the DTI used as a timer, you can program start-up price and amount separately from additional time per coin or per CC increment. For example I can do $2.00 for 4 minutes to start cash and $2.50 for 4 minutes CC, then 30 seconds per coin cash and 1 minute per $.50 CC. So the time per coin after startup is the same, but the extra quarter and the higher per-unit price really absorbs the fees. IIRC you can do the same thing in the Cryptopay setup as long as you're count-up.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
CC fees are insane, but worth it.
Wash operators who consider CC Fees insane should be thankful they are not a gasoline retailer. I'll use round numbers gas is a little cheaper than this now but sometimes it's higher. All in CC cost is about 3.5%. On a gallon of gas gross margin my be 40 cents. So if a gallon of gas is $3.00 , the 10 cents or 1/4 of your gross margin goes to the Credit Card company. If ever there was an argument for ll CC fees to be paid by users, this is one of them.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would imagine that gasoline has a much higher percentage of cc sales vs cash as well.
It's all about demographics although I have seen a steady rise. I have a friend in the suburbs who had an SS / IBA now leveled and an EE whose CC usage percentage was higher than my gasoline CC Usage in the city.

OurTown

Reaction score
I just checked our Worldpay statements from October, November, December and January. The all in fees were 5.7%, 6.2%, 5.9%, and 6%. The average tickets for each month were $6.63, $6.24, $6.42, $6.13.