What's new

Super Hard Water

APW

Reaction score
The water at my newest location is 25 grains hard. I have been softening all the chemical water on the IBA and all the SS low and HP functions. I've noticed some of my valves sticking on my new Razor and a white film on my machine, fittings, bay panels, signs, and pay-station. I went ahead and re-plumbed the IBA yesterday so the entire machine is on soft water. I've read on here where hard water rinses better but should the quality of the wash be the same using all soft water?

H20man

Reaction score
could you
The water at my newest location is 25 grains hard. I have been softening all the chemical water on the IBA and all the SS low and HP functions. I've noticed some of my valves sticking on my new Razor and a white film on my machine, fittings, bay panels, signs, and pay-station. I went ahead and re-plumbed the IBA yesterday so the entire machine is on soft water. I've read on here where hard water rinses better but should the quality of the wash be the same using all soft water?
Could you blend soft and hard water to lower the hardness to 3-4 grains? Still hard enough to kill the suds and reduce spotting on equipment?

APW

Reaction score
What would be the easiest way to blend hard and soft, add another inlet solenoid on the fill tank?

H20man

Reaction score
That is how mine is set up with a source (ball valve) to regulate or adjust the inlet flow of hard water so you are able to manage a correct blend ratio to desired hardness.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Do you have any space upstairs? I have a second story on both my locations, I store reject water upstairs and gravity feed into my rinse tank through a Jobe valve in the tank.

APW

Reaction score
I don't have room upstairs but I already pump the RO reject into the pump stand tank with a submersible pump.

Etowah