What's new

Suggestions to clean bay plastics

IanBen

Reaction score
Hi!
We purchased this wash that needs some love, the previous owner wasn’t filing the water softeners with salt and the plastics have lots of buildup.

I know I can order a bay cleaner - but thinking is there anything I can use and pickup tomorrow from a hardware store ect? Vinegar or CLR? IMG_0139.jpeg

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think soapy uses low fuming muriatic acid, which you could probably get in the pool section of big box hardware stores. I've seen some people claim they buy toilet bowl cleaner at the dollar store and it works well.

soapy

Reaction score
Low fume Muratic acid from Home depot is under $10 a gallon. Mix with about 2 parts water. Apply it and let dwell for around a minute then light scrub and rinse. 2 gallons will typically do a automatic bay. I apply it with a soft brush.

Eric H

Reaction score
The best stuff I’ve found that isn’t HF is Stone Soap’s Restore. It’s no longer shown on their website (last I checked) but they do have it.
I mix 5:1 in a chemical sprayer and then hit it quickly with a brush but not what I would consider scrubbing. These pics don’t show how well this stuff cleans but they’re the only pics I can find 71069478008__84C55A8D-C6BC-4E7E-B1DF-1B27A546A06B.jpeg 71069478657__E7B03464-9630-4DA3-869F-AF48E2561A1F.jpeg

soonermajic

Reaction score
The best stuff I’ve found that isn’t HF is Stone Soap’s Restore. It’s no longer shown on their website (last I checked) but they do have it.
I mix 5:1 in a chemical sprayer and then hit it quickly with a brush but not what I would consider scrubbing. These pics don’t show how well this stuff cleans but they’re the only pics I can find View attachment 9535 View attachment 9536
5parts Stone, or 5parts water? How long dwell?
I can't find it to order... you wouldn't share a link, would ya?

Eric H

Reaction score
5parts Stone, or 5parts water? How long dwell?
I can't find it to order... you wouldn't share a link, would ya?
5 parts water to 1 part chemical. I just eyeball it when I fill the 5 gallon Husquavana branded sprayer I buy at Lowe’s. It’s the cheapest sprayer found that will hold up to the harsh chemical.
You have to call Stone and order it. The product doesn’t appear on their website but they do have it. It will ship out that same day or the next. Don’t let them sell you the other wall cleaner. I couldn’t get it to clean much. I also couldn’t get Quest SAW to clean much either even at 1:1. I don’t know why people praise that product.

Eric H

Reaction score
I wonder how it works on the hood of my razor.if it would be safe.
I use it to clean the hoods and all of the stainless parts. I use this for everything except paint and glass.
It will eat the UV coating off of eyeglasses. I have some prescription safety glasses I wear when using this chemical