What's new

Suggestion box

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion box at their wash? Is it helpful or a waste of time? Do you have an prewritten form or just a blank sheet of paper? Thanks for your help.

Dirtychuck

Reaction score
I have a simple mailbox mounted next to the bill changer where people can leave refund requests and make suggestions or comments. I keep a few blank post-it notes and a couple of pens under the mailbox lid. It often helps me find problems faster as people leave notes requesting refunds and I can call them and find out quickly what the problem was. If it is a legit problem, I am happy to give them a refund. I've only got a few suggestions or comments--most were whining, a couple have been just plain psycho-wierd, and one was a really good idea that I actually implemented.

MEP001

Reaction score
We have a cell phone number posted on the door - a friend bought a "disposable" cell phone which he uses only for its voice mail and never answers or calls on it, also with the number posted on the equipment room door.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Wasiknator,

We have had a suggestion box for almost 50 years that is inside with the launderette portion of our car wash business. Over the years it has proved to be of value. It is a slot in a door with the box on the inside to catch notes or drop off envelopes etc. It is something that facilitates communication which can be a good thing. It also allow the customer to be anonymous which also can be a good thing in some situations.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a sign that says:

Questions, comments, complaints , or COMPLIMENTS: call: daves cell phone #.

Boy, do I get calls.....:D

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have a large sign on my door that reads:

Satisfied?
If so, tell a friend.
If not, tell us
phone #
e-mail address

People love it! I get more compliments than I get complaints.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
See, people DON't read signs! Yours says 'tell a firend' and they're obviously telling you. Sheesh!:)

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I usually tell them that it's appreciated, but I spend enough money here, they need to tell someone else who doesn't :D

Usually gets a laugh.

rzeavy

Reaction score
I have bright yellow cards (4" x 6") with printed form which they fill out (name, address, 'phone #, money lost and a list of "bay", "vacumes", "changers", "vendings" to circle, with some space for comments.
It is placed in a "point of purchase" box on the equipment room door.
99% of the time I get honest response and customers tell me they like this, knowing they will get thier money back.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I had one of my bay acceptors blow a fuse last night and ended up having about 7 bucks in quarters all jammed up. Out of all that money, I only got one call. Had I not received that call, I probably wouldn't have noticed with how cold it was last night. What people don't realize is that even if they don't want to call me about there $1.50, what about the next guy?

Everyone here knows that it can be hard to make sure that everything you have at the wash is operating at its best. I know I make a concerted effort, but I can't check it all every day. Suggestion boxes and great signage will go a long way in letting people know that you aren't in the business of stealing money, you are in the business of washing cars.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
Suggestion boxes and great signage will go a long way in letting people know that you aren't in the business of stealing money, you are in the business of washing cars.
That reminds me of a recent "stupid customer" story I need to post.

A lot of the calls we get about vacs or bays not working are usually more along the lines of informative rather than a refund request. Customers will sometimes stick a piece of paper with "Out of order" written on it in the coin slot. Most of them can tell that I take care of the wash and (mostly) respond in a good way.