What's new

Stuck Switch Laser 4000

Tidalwave

Reaction score
New to this group and hoping this post gets posted and posted to the right subject. This is all new to me.

Problem:
I have a Laser 4000. When pulling my vehicle in to the wash today the spray arch made it to the drivers side rear wheel then tried to turn and bumped into my car. No damage though the LED display reads stuck switch. This happen less than 30 days ago and I had a tech come fix it. The ticket read "cleaned switch area and reset." Seems simple enough. Can anyone tell me what to look for, look at, adjust, clean, or reset? I have no manual for the Laser Wash 4000. My authorized Laser Wash Service Vendor I have nothing but problems with. How do I get this stuck switch error fixed?

lag

Reaction score
Need more info

Did the arch rotate then move across ,and hit your car giving an impact fault?
or did the arch over rotate ,and give an arch rotate fault? If neither,what was the fault?

If the display on the j0 is displaying something usually,it is a fault that will let the machine continue to run. If it goes away after a car has washed ,then no need to worry,if it continues ,then you may have an issue.(What exacatly is on the screen?)

I have alot of manuals ,I will PM my contact info to you.

Tidalwave

Reaction score
The arch moved down toward the back of the car. It stopped short of the end of the car, the arch tried to turn and was stopped by the car. It reads "Arch SW stuck". I pushed the arch back in place, went over to the box, put in my key and ran it through it's paces. A complete circle as if there was a car being washed. The error stayed on in the LED display of the Laser wash. I turned of the laser for 5 min hoping I cleared everything by running the arch, and that it might re-set. It still reads the same. I cleaned the red sensor eyes up above the arch, still the error. couldn't reset it nor get the display to reat, waiting for money.... Again, 3 weeks earlier Twin Distributing was out and fixed this same error message. I need to learn to fix it so I'm not constantly payng for service.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad photo eye or lose wiring to me. Check the wiring on the amp in the carriage wiring box and make sure that you do not have any moisture in that box and make sure all the wiring is tight. Also, have you gone thru all of the regular maintenance (i.e. greasing, tire pressure, etc)? This is a big deal with the lasers. Do you have PDQ manual. You might look at the inputs that are lighting up when the error occurs. I don't have a manual anymore but that will tell what what inputs to look at. Where in TX are you located?

Tidalwave

Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone for their help. This forum is absolutely a great resource. I'm in Texas and just have one car wash along with a day time job. I have discovered a car wash is a full time job! Actually I'm making daily discoveries for it seems like there's always something to be fixed, adjusted, replaced, or about to break down. I appreciate the help and the offering of the manual. I sure could use one.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
Where in Texas are you from. I also live in Texas and may know another company that might be able to help. I have also met othr people that have dealt with Twin and they are not to happy. PM me if you would like to talk more.

PEI

Reaction score
It sounds like boomer is right about the problem being with the rear set of photo eyes on the T-bar. This problem can be caused by a bad photo eye, a broken wire, or a problem with the amplifier. It can also be caused by sunlight reflecting off the vehicle when the sun is at certain angles. I hope this helps & remember when you have a problem try entering 100#1 on the JO cabinet keypad.

Mike

Reaction score
New to this group and hoping this post gets posted and posted to the right subject. This is all new to me.

Problem:
"I have no manual for the Laser Wash 4000. "

If you go to pdqinc.com you can sign up for owner access in which you can download manuals for your machine and on newer machines (G5,M5,Tandem,) get software updates for free.