What's new

Stringing in Southeast MO

SteveJ

Reaction score
Was hit yesterday on 2 changers. Video sucks but I believe it is 2 males and 1 female in black f250 with ohio plates. I was vulnerable at these 2 washes as I had hvx validators. Won't be an issue tomorrow. Lesson learned.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I know I've said this until I'm blue in the face, but I'll say it one more time. Call Etowah Valley Equipment and get a changer monitor! This theft would have stopped at 20-40 dollars (adjustable settings) and they would have run away. It costs about 200 bucks and installation is as simple as plugging it in and running two wires to the siren. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I had the HVX in one of my changers as well. Was hit twice before I learned my lesson. I installed a MARS validator in the Hamilton and haven't been hit since.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Well known security issues aside, how much money do you guys with the HVX validators think you lose just because no one can change anything bigger than a one? The validator is the most important part of the most important part of your car wash. I'm amazed how many operators cheap out in that area???

Shorco1

Reaction score
Hey Pat, have you installed your changer monitors that your purchased several years ago? What good are they if they are still in the original box? :)

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
Well known security issues aside, how much money do you guys with the HVX validators think you lose just because no one can change anything bigger than a one?
If I'm not mistaken, the HVX were upgradeable until the second $5 updates were released.