What's new

Start auto wheel well error NEED HELP

Sakran

Reaction score
I thought the photo eye was the problem but I installed a new one and it still is not lit up red. The part is PDQ 0424006, I put in a 0424004 because that’s all I could find. The guy says he’s 90% sure the part is good. What else could be causing this one eye to not work?

Attachments

Last edited:

PEI

Reaction score
0424006 is the receiver for frequency B, while 0424004 is the receiver for frequency A. They are different frequencies to prevent cross talk. They are not interchangeable.

Sakran

Reaction score
0424006 is the receiver for frequency B, while 0424004 is the receiver for frequency A. They are different frequencies to prevent cross talk. They are not interchangeable.
Ok the local mechanic I use told me it should work. And now thinks it’s some other issue. Do you know where I can find the correct part online?

PEI

Reaction score
I don't know what brand they were. They are the old style. PDQ switched to Banner Eyes when they redesigned the VT. They are part number 4070003 for the receiver and 4070004 for the transmitter. The banner eyes can be wired to one of four different frequencies and are quick disconnect. You don't need to pull the wiring each time and they are interchangeable as both stop and backup eyes.

PEI

Reaction score
I forgot the new style is also cheaper.

Unless the bridge is stopping too soon and the T bars are blocking the backup eyes or you are getting sun light directly on the VT eyes, you are on the right track with it being a bad eye.

If this was a retrofit, then you might also want to make sure the old wire running down to the treadle isn't getting moisture in it. I have seen this cause a problem before, but it's rare.

Sakran

Reaction score
I found the banner one but I’m new to repairing this stuff and have no idea how I would replace these wired ones with the new quick disconnect model from banner . I would love to just find the old style PDQ 0424006 and just install it to see for sure if it will work just to confirm that’s not the problem. All the other eyes are lit up red and nothing is blocking the eyes. The receiving eye 0424006 will only light up if it’s getting the signal from the one on the ground pointed at it correct?

PEI

Reaction score
Correct, 0424006 only works when it sees a signal from 0424005.

You are probably going to have to reach out to PDQ to get a replacement.