What's new

Starite pump low pressure

Reaction score
Hello
This is what I use for my spot free pump.
I had to change the solenoids Couple months ago. Pump is only putting out about 20psi.
Question
-does the pump production go down after years?
-maybe it's not primed well?
I use to have a fan spray no more of a P🥺
Thanks IMG_20230111_194627251.jpg IMG_20230112_021528710.jpg IMG_20230112_021545326.jpg

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The pumps can go bad.

Most systems I have seen use a multi stage booster pump for SS spot free delivery, usually operating around 200 psi. What are you doing with the big line on the delivery pump? Have you ensured that valve is not open?

Reaction score
The pumps can go bad.

Most systems I have seen use a multi stage booster pump for SS spot free delivery, usually operating around 200 psi. What are you doing with the big line on the delivery pump? Have you ensured that valve is not open?
The big line feeds autoya I know it's not ideal. Solenoid is closed so no leak or sharingthanks

Reaction score
The big line feeds autoya I know it's not ideal. Solenoid is closed so no leak or sharingthanks

I think the pump is just shut got to be 10 years old I was there when I bought the car wash.

Any suggestions on a new pump since I have to go buy one I'm assuming I should probably look for something that's about 200 PSI looks like this pump's running it to 220 and does not have a shut off switch.
Thanks

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Does your system use a pressure regulator to control pressure to the bays and bypass the rest back to the tank? If it does, could it be the culpret?

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As far as suggestions: Is it single or three phase? Any idea what flow you need for the auto? What are you using for spot free production right now?

Reaction score
Does your system use a pressure regulator to control pressure to the bays and bypass the rest back to the tank? If it does, could it be the culprit?
I Bought the wash like this previous owners Over 30 years old all kinds of fun mods and handy man specials.

No regulator it just turned on and would run around 40psi which was sufficient enough for a fan at bays obviously not the best pressure but no complaints

I changed the solenoids u see on pump a week ago because they weren't sealing and sharing and bays went to a pee. wondering if it didn't prime i just hooked everything up and turned not thinking to prime but water is flowing no sounds from pump just only 20psi or less???

I be fine just getting back to were it was. But since its a part could you all help me set it up more proper any pics or ideas would be appreciated. My spot free system is fine just the way i disperse it. Thank you

Ill add more pics later my system fills to 300 gallon tanks and feeds pump thru 1.5 inch hose at bottom of tank to punp CJ90F-MS2 1PHASE 230
Pump kicks on
Solenoid opens one sends water to auto one to bay manifold
no regulators just a hose

Thanks again

MEP001

Reaction score
It's possible it needs to be primed. I'm not familiar with the pump you have, but I am with the multistage booster pump, and since neither is a positive displacement pump they won't prime themselves easily. Try removing the output hose from whatever it connects to and run the pump with the hose end lower than the pump. You may just need to purge air from the pump.

Reaction score
It's possible it needs to be primed. I'm not familiar with the pump you have, but I am with the multistage booster pump, and since neither is a positive displacement pump they won't prime themselves easily. Try removing the output hose from whatever it connects to and run the pump with the hose end lower than the pump. You may just need to purge air from the pump.
I had a pump before at a location that you couldn't just hook up and turn on the only way I can get it to push at capacity was to turn the 1-in hose on turn the pump on and magically put them on together until it suck just right to prime itself otherwise it was kind of the same scenario it would run but not at capacity. In last effort that's what I'm going to try tomorrow I'm going to have to wear a bathing suit and it's 6 degrees here.

MEP001

Reaction score
Looking at the pump in your photos, it's probably not a priming issue since the inlet is on the end and the outlet is on top. Any air in the pump should rise to the outlet and immediately exit.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input. Ill take apart this weekend and keep ya posted. Also found an older thread with similar in the spot free section.
Thanks again.
Most likely swap out for a starite hp10e3112ma1 would this be sufficient ? I would assume it would at least be better thanks again