What's new

Standard/Rowe conversion

Randy

Reaction score
I just learned today that Standard changers has come out with a conversion kit to replace the guts of the Rowe BC1400 changer with a Mars validator and 2 Standard MC Hoppers, all your basically using is the Rowe cabinet. Standard has also come out with a new model MC400RL-Slim bill changer. It’s a direct replacement for the Rowe BC1400 bill changer. Same size cabinet as the Rowe BC1400. Since parts for the Rowe changers have been such a problem to get this might be a good option.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Good to know and thanks for sharing. I have a 1400 and it's ok a best. Lots of rejects. Just replaced a PCB/photo eye and seems to be doing ok. I also have a Standard BCX1010RL bill/coin changer, and often wonder If I should pull the 14oo and put another small vending machine in its place.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Good to know and thanks for sharing. I have a 1400 and it's ok a best. Lots of rejects. Just replaced a PCB/photo eye and seems to be doing ok. I also have a Standard BCX1010RL bill/coin changer, and often wonder If I should pull the 14oo and put another small vending machine in its place.
We have never regretted always keeping two bill changers operational ... it helps if a unforeseen breakdown occurs. It buys the operator time ... if you will. We have the Standard 600EF. I know a lot of people bad mouth Standard's non Mars acceptor approach but the 600EFs have their advantages. Like the ability to remotely monitor-log, reset & other stuff via its serial port. The serial port stuff Standard tends to not give technical support but on the other hand ... for some of us their tech support on that portion of that system is rarely needed. We are hoping that the Standard ChangeMaker Corporation is not foolish enough to give up on the 600EF system completely. I am not sure if operators can buy brand new of those systems anymore or not. The polymer bills in Canada changed the dynamic a bit since the 3 box stacker does not work with the new conversion kits.

Also the ability to have a 3 box bill sorter. Once you get on to the slight nuances of the bill sorter ... it can very trouble free.

Since it seems like Randy said awhile back that Mars was bought out & a whole new combo cc-bill acceptor is being promoted by MEI ... I am not sure ... if that is true & very imminent ... how that will impact the Standard's Conversion Kit proposition???

Larry Adamski on the laundromat side of things has 3 Rowes at his facility. It seems like his go to independent repair outfit in the Grand Rapids, MI area seems to always save the day for him ... without too much fuss ... again not sure.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Randy I would like a price on the conversion kit as well.

I’m so over my Rowes..they were good machines a long time ago but too many different problem areas to stay on top of.

The timing is kinda ironic. Just this past Friday I removed the the Rowe hopper and bucket assembly to see if a Hamilton hopper would fit in there and what it might take to mount it etc.

Etowah

cmawash

Reaction score
American changer now controls rowe, we use the converted changers to 1600 configuration, American is living up to its reputation of superior service, we had some power supply problems and they sent replacements. the 1600 are a superior upgrade to older models and tell us the status of the changer via the internet and send notices of changer problems. since we have quite a few changers in service knowing the changer status is a real go getter

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
cmawash,

Is the new remote access ... just limited to "out of service status"???

cmawash

Reaction score
cmawash,

Is the new remote access ... just limited to "out of service status"???
gives changer status, empty hooper, which hopper is empty, bill jam which side, bill counts on displays in machine send e mail or text status and problem, since we have multiple locations a real time saver and bill breaker, helps keeping us on top of changers status, has mars bill breakers, suso harp big hoppers, parts are industry standards we break a lot of bills and they are used quite a bit. may be a bit over kill for a small operator.

Last edited: