What's new

Stainless Foot Valves

Reaction score
Regarding the SS foot valves mentioned, stainless steel is generally corrosion-resistant and durable, making it suitable for working with strong chemicals. However, verify the valve's compatibility with specific chemicals.I think stainless steel is often reliable for low and high pH chemicals. The Dema 36-1 stainless steel strainer foot valve seems to be a quality option. Better consider customer reviews and seek recommendations from others in the forum who have used similar valves.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Regarding the SS foot valves mentioned, stainless steel is generally corrosion-resistant and durable, making it suitable for working with strong chemicals. However, verify the valve's compatibility with specific chemicals.I think stainless steel is often reliable for low and high pH chemicals. The Dema 36-1 stainless steel strainer foot valve seems to be a quality option. Better consider customer reviews and seek recommendations from others in the forum who have used similar valves.
Are we letting AI write the responses in here now... Can someone delete this user?

Randy

Reaction score

OurTown

Reaction score
Are we letting AI write the responses in here now... Can someone delete this user?
There are a lot of AI "members" on here and I have noticed a few of the legit members reacting or responding to their posts. What is the agenda of those AI members and posts? I was considering starting a thread on the subject.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have used them for years. They last much longer than the blue or gray ones. I rarely have one fail and I use them on all chemicals including hi ph booster.

jubalr

Reaction score
I’ve never used the Dema 36.1 stainless steel foot valves, I did look at them and decided to try the Dema 100.11PCV foot valve and have been very pleased. I started having problems with the Hydro Systems 10076301 Blue Foot Valves.
Thanks Randy, That is apparently the same valve in 1/4". The 36.1 is the 3/8 version.

jubalr

Reaction score
I have used them for years. They last much longer than the blue or gray ones. I rarely have one fail and I use them on all chemicals including hi ph booster.
Glad to hear. Will be ordering a few to give them a try.

OurTown

Reaction score
I admit that I am not IT savvy at all, but what about this post makes you so sure it’s a bot?

I'm not sure if it's a bot but looks like it was written by AI. If you read these types of posts carefully you will see that all the specifics are from previous posts and does not provide any new info. I didn't pick up on some of them at first but it's obvious to me now and can pretty easily see it.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I admit that I am not IT savvy at all, but what about this post makes you so sure it’s a bot?
I'm not sure if it's a bot but looks like it was written by AI. If you read these types of posts carefully you will see that all the specifics are from previous posts and does not provide any new info. I didn't pick up on some of them at first but it's obvious to me now and can pretty easily see it.

New User. Giving a response that is on point but recommending you basically check against additional sources. Doesn't seem natural.

You can run the text against the classifier tool Open AI built to predict how likely it is that the piece was generated by AI vs a person. Perhaps we have more stringent user creation requirements.

For example, I asked ChatGPT to response to the original post. Here is what is gave me (in 10 seconds):

Stainless steel (SS) foot valves are commonly used in various industries to control the flow of liquids and prevent backflow. They are often preferred for their durability and resistance to corrosion. When it comes to working with strong chemicals, stainless steel is known for its chemical resistance, making it a suitable material choice.

In terms of compatibility with low and high pH chemicals, stainless steel generally performs well with a wide range of pH levels. However, the specific chemical composition and concentration of the substances you plan to use may affect their compatibility with stainless steel valves. It's recommended to consult the manufacturer or supplier for detailed information on chemical compatibility and any potential limitations.

For specific recommendations on what works best with low and high pH chemicals, it's advisable to consult with industry experts, engineers, or technical support representatives who have in-depth knowledge of your specific application and the chemicals involved. They can provide tailored advice based on the specific requirements of your situation.

Regarding the specific product you mentioned, the DEMA 36-1 stainless steel strainer foot valve, you may want to reach out to the manufacturer, DEMA Engineering Company, or the retailer, Kleen-Rite Corp, for more detailed information on its performance and compatibility with different chemicals. They should be able to provide you with the necessary technical specifications and guidance on its suitability for your application.

Welcome to the Future....

1685548049392.png

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I’ve never used the Dema 36.1 stainless steel foot valves, I did look at them and decided to try the Dema 100.11PCV foot valve and have been very pleased. I started having problems with the Hydro Systems 10076301 Blue Foot Valves.
I agree with Randy, I switched to the Dema 100.11 PVC FV and can't remember the last time I had a failure. They last a very long time. I did have a few DOA.....I test them before putting into service.

Vortec6000

Reaction score
Could be a human user who copied and pasted an AI answer into a reply post.

I admit it looks a little AIey as well although the lack of a space between punctuation and next word adds a little human element to it. Everything before that I could see being generated by AI and everything after that looks like it could have been a human.

[...]
Welcome to the Future....
Agreed...I fear for humanity more now than ever before.