What's new

Stacker Timed Out Error - Goldline

Gus

Reaction score
Been having an issue with a Stacker Timed Out error on a Goldline. It seems to happen more often when the weather is quite cold. The bills seem to be stacking clean upon inspection when the error occurs. Once the error is cleared may run fine for a day to a few days before once again timed out occurs. Cold there be an issue if the temps get to cold the stackers binds up--slows down to trigger the error? Or is this more of a motor over run issue.

Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
Watch the stacker stack a bill or 2 and see if the stacker plate is returning back to the home position when it stacks a bill? Or if the stacker seems labored when runs. It might be that it’s to cold for the stacker motor to run the stacker, which you don't see to often. Do you have another stacker from a bill changer that you can swap stackers out with? Until you figure out what the problem is you can remove the stacker from the ACW, plug in the Stacker Bypass plug and run the ACW without the stacker. I hate intermittent problems like this.

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
Hey, I too am having issues with STACKER TIMEOUT on very cold mornings. Seems to only happen first thing in the morning and then we are good the rest of the day. Does something need to be greased?

thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
If it only happens when it's cold, the motor is probably not getting up to speed before the timeout occurs. It may just need to be oiled, but I'd recommend sending it to be cleaned and serviced. The wrong oil or grease could make it worse.

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
If it only happens when it's cold, the motor is probably not getting up to speed before the timeout occurs. It may just need to be oiled, but I'd recommend sending it to be cleaned and serviced. The wrong oil or grease could make it worse.
Who services these things? Etowah Valley does not. Already spoke to Jim.

Once I take it out, isn't there a way to bypass the stacker and let the bills fall into a box? Can you tell me how to bypass the stacker? thanks!

Randy

Reaction score

Once I take it out, isn't there a way to bypass the stacker and let the bills fall into a box? Can you tell me how to bypass the stacker? thanks!
Your better off replacing it. The cost to have a Stacker repaired/serviced is over half the cost of a new one. There are lot of them that have been removed, check on EBay. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a used one.

Yes you can operate the ACW without the Stacker. There's a jumper plug with a Purple wire cable tied about 6 - 8 inches from the end of the cable that plugs into the Stacker, plug that jumper plug into the cable that plugs into the Stacker, then remove the Stacker, the bills will then drop into the bottom of the ACW. Put a box in the bottom of the ACW to catch the bills.

MEP001

Reaction score

Unless you have to keep the Hamilton validator for some reason, I wouldn't bother fixing or replacing it. I replaced the validator in the Goldline with a Mars just because the stacker kept acting up. I was taught how to service them properly and I could never keep the POS working.