What's new

Ssa-9001c program

Steveslawnmower

Reaction score
Hi everyone we have a ssa-9001 futura speciality equipment car wash. We had our plc go out and now we can not enable the doors and trifoam they say that the program is No available any longer I️ was hoping someone could help. We just put money into this old Carwash and the customers loved that it opened back up but now after only running a couple of months this happened please help if you can. Thank you!

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“We just put money into this old Carwash and the customers loved that it opened back up but now after only running a couple of months this happened please help if you can.”

You started out by making one mistake - putting good money into an obsolete machine almost 20 years old.

So, don’t make another mistake by installing used parts and then wrestling with it everyday hoping it keeps working.

If you can’t afford new, buy a used machine maybe 5 or 8 years old that has some good miles left on it and save until you can afford new.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Hi everyone we have a ssa-9001 futura speciality equipment car wash. We had our plc go out and now we can not enable the doors and trifoam they say that the program is No available any longer I️ was hoping someone could help. We just put money into this old Carwash and the customers loved that it opened back up but now after only running a couple of months this happened please help if you can. Thank you!
Steve,

The founder of this forum Bill Pitzer was a strong proponent of us operators becoming familiar with PLC programming. Also for keeping oneself out of mischief. At least a few followed such as 2Biz & Mep001& others. You may have to go out of your comfort zone a bit ... but there is another path possibly that you could make work. Outline exactly what the PLC does & in what & when nested sequences it does it in. That would be the first step. You could also possibly improve on what Specialty did ... within your outline ... wish list ... if you will.

From there there are many very affordable PLCs with similar Ins & outs (IOs) with the ability to interface with whatever. If too much of it goes over your head ... you should be able to seek out someone somehow somewhere ... even if it has to be over the Internet (fiverr & others).

That way you can also have the satisfaction of proving our friend Roman (ha ha ... could not resist) wrong about your so-called mistake.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Mike Walsh King Koin of Bismarck, ND

waright

Reaction score
if I'm not mistaken, specialty and aok are alike. I have a used aok in storage or maybe you could find an aok panel and make it work.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“….Pitzer was a strong proponent of us operators becoming familiar with PLC programming.”

Bill saw the handwriting on the wall.

“….there are many very affordable PLCs with similar Ins & outs (IOs) with the ability to interface with whatever.”

To my knowledge, there is at least one company that sells rebuilt electronics for old carwash.

Nevertheless, a mistake was made.

When developers open or re-launch a wash they do everything possible to ensure success not failure.

This wash is only open two months and is already disappointing customers because doors and tri-foam don’t work.

The machine is obsolete. So, what major component will break next causing down time or loss of function?

I don’t believe that is a good situation for a new business. Do you?

soapy

Reaction score
Depending on your PLC it may have a separate program chip that can be removed. The outputs on the PLC could have burned out and that is why things are not working. There is a computer company that can rebuild your PLC and fix the outputs if that is the problem. I think they are RM or something like that. I think they have a couple of locations in the US.

mac

Reaction score
Go with Mr Romans advice on this. Would you try to operate a delivery business with a 20 year old truck? Cmon. Toss the junk or sell the place.

Steveslawnmower

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the information. I would like to say to those guys saying just to basically the throw the towel in that's just not me! I was just asking for some help that's all.
Happy New Year!
Steve

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the information. I would like to say to those guys saying just to basically the throw the towel in that's just not me! I was just asking for some help that's all.
Happy New Year!
Steve
I agree. The customer doesn't care the brand or age of your equipment any more than we care how old the UPS truck is that delivers our repair parts.

wash4me

Reaction score
Find a plc guy and usually they can back up the plc programs and or touchscreen programs just in case you ever lose your program. Call either a panel building shop or an industrial electrical contractor. As far as writing your own program to run an automatic carwash this is not a diy project. They likely have thousands of hours in the programming and debugging and still have a few bugs not to mention expensive software and when you get done you are the tech support. Plc for control of a weep system, floor heat, pump control, pressure control for a booster pump or lots of other things you could write your own program with time and patience.

eckert16

Reaction score
Gave Steve a hand. Got into his PLC, got the Futura security password, as well as the passwords for all his options (if he wants to add them later). Refreshed his Chip. Downloaded and reloaded his programs onto the equipment as well. Still functioning well.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Gave Steve a hand. Got into his PLC, got the Futura security password, as well as the passwords for all his options (if he wants to add them later). Refreshed his Chip. Downloaded and reloaded his programs onto the equipment as well. Still functioning well.
That is great news. That will for one thing buy Steve more time so he is hopefully in a better position ... especially if he would otherwise be forced to go into some possibly unnecessary extra heavy borrowing from the da banks!