What's new

SS Vac's to add Crypto Pay Questions

washregal

Reaction score
So thinking of adding Crypto to my vac's - What are the forum's thoughts on adding this technology to vac's?

Currently -
$1.00 = 4 min w/ Quarters

Using a
Kleen-Rite 77406 Accumulating Vacuum Timer, 110V

Could I use this same timer to go to:

$2.00 = 8 min w/ Credit Card

#1 -Can the same timer be used for this - or do I need to upgrade timer - if I need to upgrade will stick with $1.00 for 4 min w/ each cc swipe

#2 - How do you feel about adding CC to Vac and vending? How do customers perceive this as potential benefit?

wrightwash

Reaction score
So thinking of adding Crypto to my vac's - What are the forum's thoughts on adding this technology to vac's?

Currently -
$1.00 = 4 min w/ Quarters

Using a
Kleen-Rite 77406 Accumulating Vacuum Timer, 110V

Could I use this same timer to go to:

$2.00 = 8 min w/ Credit Card

#1 -Can the same timer be used for this - or do I need to upgrade timer - if I need to upgrade will stick with $1.00 for 4 min w/ each cc swipe

#2 - How do you feel about adding CC to Vac and vending? How do customers perceive this as potential benefit?

Cryptopay is 24VAC, you will have to add a timer supporting CC inputs (Dixmor LED7). The Dixmor timer is 24VAC too. What I've seen most do is add a NO relay, add a 110-24VAC power supply. Use the power supply to run the timer and swiper, run voltage out of timer to a relay, relay energizes with 24VAC and turns vacuum 110V on/off.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can add Cryptopay with your existing timer. You may have to add a transformer since the one built into the timer is barely strong enough to run the coin acceptor. You'll probably want to run CC in count-down mode anyway so a display timer isn't necessary, but it's a nice upgrade.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Why not count up at the vacs? For that you would definitively need a display timer. Is anyone running count up vacuums?

At $.25/minute I would find it hard to justify the expense and fees for CC. That could definitely lower your avg ticket enough that your fee % increases. I think they really bang you for small ticket transactions.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since my Vacs are 2 to an Island I did one on each Island with a sign saying which side accepts credit cards. I added LED 7s with count up. Vacs already used a 24V transformer and relay so the conversion was fairly simple. Cut the window and made a standoff for the swiper.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Since my Vacs are 2 to an Island I did one on each Island with a sign saying which side accepts credit cards. I added LED 7s with count up.

Earl, how was the count up for vacs received? What is your cash/time for vacs and how does te average ticket compare?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, how was the count up for vacs received? What is your cash/time for vacs and how does te average ticket compare?
Have not bothered checking average ticket. Cash is $1 for 4 minutes and Credit Card starts at $2 for 8 minutes. No complaints, perhaps because they can choose to use cash if they wish. Since I am a gasoline retailer at another location and have seen how pay at the pump CC purchases have continually risen over the years as a percentage of sales, it's all about convenience.