What's new

SS Spot Free Down - (only in one bay)

trs246810

Reaction score
One of the bays in my 3-bay SS has completely nothing happening when spot free is selected. All of the other functions in that bay are functioning great. Spot free is working in the other two bays...along with everything else. The rotary selector was a little worn, and I thought that could possibly solve the problem, but it didn't. I don't know what I'm missing, but any advice that could help to point me in the right direction? I'd really appreciated it. I quickly checked for loose connections, but I didn't find anything. I don't know if it's a continuity problem in the wiring, or component failure? Absolutely nothing happens anywhere when that function is selected, and it just continues to count down with no spot free.

Randy

Reaction score
Get out the volt meter and start checking for power from the meter box rotary switch to the solenoid valve. It could be something as simple as a bad common.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Could be a bad relay in the control box? You're going to have to do what Randy said, get out your volt meter and start at the switch and work backwards.

trs246810

Reaction score
It must be something like that...because now the entire bay is down. The LED7 display isn't energized...along with the Slugbuster II. So, I guess nothing low voltage is getting any power to it? It's weird how it went from only the spot free not working to nothing now. The pump comes on when I manually press/engage the contactor. My electrician will be there Monday morning to check it out, unless I can possibly figure something out sooner. This is a picture of what the pump stand controls. It's raining...and that bay is obviously coned off until I can get it back up. I have some newer pump stands in storage, but that project is still a ways off.

trs246810

Reaction score
I would be lying to you if I said I know exactly what they are for. I've had the car wash for 10 years, and I've never had to fix anything other than a broken/loose wire inside of the pump stands.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Holy $hit! You've had this wash for 10 years, & never did anything but fix a lose wire?!! Maybe the single most amazing thing I've ever read on here. Something is broke at my wash WEEKLY, year round!!

trs246810

Reaction score
lol...I've had plenty of other break downs, but seriously nothing outside of a loose or broken wire inside of the pump stand control boxes

Stuart

Reaction score
What's that Ginsan GS-7 timer for?
I think he is asking due to the fact it really is not wired for service. Only the load and the common wires are hooked up. No coin or power wires so it is serving no use.

If you are using a different timer in the coin box just disconnect the GS-7 and remove it. less clutter-less confusion

RAATCB

Reaction score
It must be something like that...because now the entire bay is down. The LED7 display isn't energized...along with the Slugbuster II. So, I guess nothing low voltage is getting any power to it? It's weird how it went from only the spot free not working to nothing now. The pump comes on when I manually press/engage the contactor. My electrician will be there Monday morning to check it out, unless I can possibly figure something out sooner. This is a picture of what the pump stand controls. It's raining...and that bay is obviously coned off until I can get it back up. I have some newer pump stands in storage, but that project is still a ways off.

In the middle there is a transformer. Is it fused? Did you check the fuse if its not burnt?

trs246810

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know it was the wiring going to the meter box. It looked like a mangled chewed mess where it had rubbed on the drop down to the bay. 75' of new wire later...and it was all back up and running. Thanks for letting me know I didn't need the old timers in there anymore.