What's new

SS Manager Hours and Days Off?

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm going to at least $1 soon. The homeless go through the vacs for change all the time and leave the cleanout doors open - I have all but two well secured, and when customers aren't losing money anymore I'll increase.

Hopefully you did some decent business!
Those six vacs brought in $840 last week, not bad at 75¢ for 3 minutes.

Randy

Reaction score
That looks like the mess we have to deal with every morning. The household garbage, the homeless people who dig though the garbage, it never ends. .75 is way too low of a price for vacuum, we would have raised it to at least $1.50 for 4 minutes when we took the place over. We aren’t in this business to be every ones door mat that they can $hit on all the time. We are here to make as much money as we can.

On a side note. I’ve been working with a couple who want to build a car wash. They submitted their plans to the city and city told them that they WILL HAVE to have an on-site attendant when the car wash is open. It was going to be a 5 and 1, now it’s not going to be anything, they pulled the plug on that project.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
So this is today, about five hours after my afternoon

Dang Mep I will never complain again about my place bc it has never been that bad especially after your afternoon pick up. Do you go by twice a day morning and afternoon?

My guys go by once in the morning 2 hrs and thats it....I agree someone has to go by everyday but that someone doesn't have to be me on the weekends.

One of my washes is like you Mep .75 for 2:30 mins and they do similar cash numbers for 5 vacs....I have a competitor less than a mile from me I tried raising prices and revenue dropped immediately even though his place is a complete dump!

KleanRide

Reaction score
I'd like to raise my vac prices but I've got 2 tunnels with free vacs within 2 miles of me, and neither require a purchase to use them.

$500 a week in vac income is about the best I can get at $1.00 for 4 minutes.

slash007

Reaction score
I'd like to raise my vac prices but I've got 2 tunnels with free vacs within 2 miles of me, and neither require a purchase to use them.

I have 3 tunnels within 1 mile, one as close as next door. All with free vacs and I was hesitant, but raised the vac prices anyway thinking I could go back down if it didn't work out, but income went up, so it's been 2 years now with the higher prices. $2 for 5 minutes.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dang Mep I will never complain again about my place bc it has never been that bad especially after your afternoon pick up. Do you go by twice a day morning and afternoon?
During the week I can usually get away with one cleanup in the evening, but it gets that bad every day if I don't go twice.

The closest place with free vacs (Another SS with a mini tunnel) is 10 minutes away.

Randy

Reaction score
MEP, how much time do you give for .75? The tunnel wash a mile from me 2 of there vac's are .50 and the other 2 are .75 for 5 minutes, that's the way they came from Kleen-rite. I offered one time to raise there vac prices to the same as mine and they asked me if I was a licensed electrician, when I said No they told me that only a licensed electrician could reset the timer because it's electrical. Talk about clueless, I very seldom see anyone vacuuming there, so it's not about price.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mep, at least they hung up the hoses : )
I noticed that too, after I posted the pics. It used to be really bad, but now that they've seen me there a lot hanging them up behind them and trying to keep the place clean, they've gotten a lot better.