What's new

spray presoak tip for OHD

vinh

Reaction score
hi, I have a 2001 us ohd and would like to replace plastic spray tip for the presoak at the arm. Does anyone know what size these 1/8 in tips are and where to get them?

A side not, I recent switch from a low then high ph 2 step presoak to a one step both high ph using Kleenrite 2b presoak. My tips are getting clogged with white calcium deposit every 2 weeks. I don't have water softner at the wash. Any soln to get rid of the clogged tips. Thinking of putting a strainer clearbowl type and put at the T junction where where chemical and air join. any recommendation would be aprreciated.

vinh

Reaction score
I found the tip size- 8008 and 1/8 in threads. they are plastic nozzle. They only place that I found that sell them is Astromatic for $8 a piece. Anyone know where I can get them cheaper.

Attachments

Gabriel

Reaction score
What kind of Automatic did that thing come off of? If at all possible I would never even consider using a plastic tip. I think one of the major suppliers can cross reference your tip and replace it with possibly SS or at leasts some metal composite that is more durable with longer life. Just m thought.

MEP001

Reaction score
Plastic spray tips are common in low-pressure applications because they don't erode from corrosive chemicals.

vinh said:
My tips are getting clogged with white calcium deposit every 2 weeks. I don't have water softner at the wash. Any soln to get rid of the clogged tips. Thinking of putting a strainer clearbowl type and put at the T junction where where chemical and air join.
A strainer won't trap the calcium, you'll just end up with build-up in the strainer too. The only way to stop it is to install a softener. You could always soften only the presoak water.

vinh

Reaction score
the tips is used in Ryko OHD. I like the plastic tip because I can take them out easily without messing up the threads. The SS tips I think I can get in 8008 and 1/8 threads easily and Kleenrite. The plastic one are hard to find. I saw a 8065 Kynar in light blue but they are 1/4 ". Cost only $1.50.