What's new

Spot Free Upgrade

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I just went through and replaced all my spot free filters. Once I was properly filtering the water, the actual production rate was way down....due to properly filtering everything :(

If I were to add another membrane and increase my circulation pump from a 1/3 to a 3/4 hp motor, would I see substantial results? Would my charcoal filter be able to keep up with it or would I need to add another one?

I am going to be putting in an automatic and want to make sure that I can keep up with the demand.

MEP001

Reaction score
What size is your charcoal filter? There is a limit to its flow rate in the ability to remove chlorine, which is determined by the amount of activated carbon.

If you add another membrane, you'll have to replumb everything with larger hose. You'd be better off in both cost and capacity if you just replace the membrane with a 4 x 40" unit. With a big enough tank and a high-flow membrane that may be enough for an auto and your self-serve. We're running a 6/1 with a 3600 GPD system, and it makes enough water that the level never drops below the point at which the switch trips to start making product.