What's new

Spot Free Solenoid Bypass

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have this valve that I use for my spot free system. It has started to spray a small amount of water when another bay is using spot free. I have taken the valve apart and there aren't any obstructions that are visible. After testing, it was better but not perfect. I then replaced the plunger to find the same problem of a small amount of water getting all the way out to the bay.

The issue arose after I plumbed in another 80 gallon storage tank to my system, but can't determine what the overall issue is that is causing this small bypass. None of the other bays are exhibiting this issue.

This poses a bigger problem at my facility since I am using the Polar Freeze Guard and it is freezing up the bay with this small amount of water ending up in the lines.

Any ideas?

Randy

Reaction score
John
I’ve never been a big fan of the DEMA solenoid valves. I’d replace the valve with one from another manufacturer. Or just replace the valve. Does this solenoid valve feed soft free water out to the bay?

MEP001

Reaction score
The Dema 413P are crap now. I replaced all six of the cold water solenoids on the bays within two years because they either wouldn't open fully or wouldn't close without rapping on it with a wrench.

I use this one on the spot-free, but I run it at 450 PSI.