What's new

Spot Free Membrane sources -

bigjws

Reaction score
I've always bought my ro membranes at either a local supply or from Kleen-rite, but Amazon has these for about $60 cheaper .. I assume they are all made basically the same? This company has a brackish water (BW), extreme low pressure (xlp), and an ultra low pressure (ulp) version. I've talked to them and they say if the incoming city water is <500 ppm, the xlp is the one to use. Anyone have any positive or negative experience with different membranes?

MEP001

Reaction score
What company? Do they have standard 4 x 40 membranes? Are you really going to save $60 or are you risking $200 on something that may be a piece of crap?

bigjws

Reaction score
Well, that's kinda what I'm asking about .. is there anything that CAN be messed up? Yes, they have 4x40 membranes, and have a real website - I guess that the water could not be as clean or the membrane not last as long - just asking if anyone has gone this route and might want to share. (Someone seems a little cranky this afternoon..)

Company is called Max Water, seems to be Canadian - but there are others available on Amazon.

MEP001

Reaction score
I haven't heard of them or used them. If I were to go by the one review, I would avoid them. "It lasts up to two years..." I generally get ten years out of a Filmtec.

Etowah