What's new

Spot-Free issues

KayBee

Reaction score
Hi all! Having issues with my spot free. The production side and the outgoing side. Contactors are kicking on and off. The controller in my JC Super Saver is showing inputs when the SF is engaged in the bays and the output 0 on the Sysmac goes on then off. When I engage the float switch to produce more SF I get input 2 to light up, but again no output, or off and on. I can get them to run for minutes at a time then they go back to kicking off and on within 5-10 seconds. After a while they shut down totally. At this point I’m thinking either something completely random and basic, or the controller. Everything else in the wash is working fine. Any help would be much appreciated! Time to walk away for a bit and reset my mind! Thanks!

TMoliver

Reaction score
To help diagnose the problem we need to see pic of your system. It could be a low flow or pressure switch. The prefilter could be stopped up so the low flow switches turns off. It could be in the control panel with a bad component not sending power to the input water valve.

KayBee

Reaction score
To help diagnose the problem we need to see pic of your system. It could be a low flow or pressure switch. The prefilter could be stopped up so the low flow switches turns off. It could be in the control panel with a bad component not sending power to the input water valve.
View attachment IMG_9929.mov
IMG_9925.jpeg

Attachments

KayBee

Reaction score
Sorry this is just what I had, I’m not at the wash. I did try to engage/disengage the pressure switch. I got the same results. Side note, the system and most of these parts are 20+ years old, except for the actual pumps.(I know!)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the various light on the supersaver PLC and what it's doing, but if I understand correctly you say both production and delivery is not working. Check the inline fuse for the SFR located in one of the fuseholders below the bay fuses. You say "contactors are kicking on and off" If the contactors are on but the pump not working you have a pump problem(could be a breaker) I would also take a look and ensure you have sufficient incoming water pressure and try jumping the pressure switch off.